WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   M3Fest Day 1 -- Columbia, MD -- May 11th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20394)

tenchimyo 05-13-2012 04:07 PM

M3Fest Day 1 -- Columbia, MD -- May 11th, 2012

My Buddy Tony and I were pumped for M3 coming back to [B]Merriweather Post Pavillion[/B]. We vowed to go both days this year. First up, the Kix-off party with the [B]Kix [/B]band, [B]Night Ranger[/B], and[B] Enuff Z'Nuff[/B]. Tony's a big [B]Enuff Z'nuff[/B] fan. I'm a bit lukewarm on them. I've seen them open a couple of times. [B]Kix [/B]I love. [B]Night Ranger[/B] I'd never seen live before. Scalped tickets for $20@. Didn't get a chance to check out any of the merch

We got there around 6:30, hang around a bit and roll in around 6:50, when [B]Enuff Z'Nuff [/B]was supposed to be playing (6:45). Things seemed to be running a little late- Tony theorized because of the mic/drum kit set up for [B]Night Ranger[/B]- not many other bands have a singer/drummer.

[B]Enuff Z'Nuff[/B] came out and was very Beatles-esque. A few of their songs would totally be hits on the radio if it was another band who did them and Chip or whomever wrote it for them. The singer looked like he was channeling John Lennon. They were alright, but I really could have done without the Beatles cover. I really dislike that song. A fun fact was that Tony was more enthusiastic than the band about their set. jeez.

[B]Night Ranger[/B] came on and played a couple songs that I didn't expect them to (ex: Eddie..). They sounds very good. My favourites of the set: "[I]Don't Tell Me You Love Me[/I]" and "HIGH ENOUGH." [B]Mr Nugent [/B]and [B]Mr Shaw[/B] and[B] Mr Blades[/B] need to talk about a tour.

The [B]Kix [/B]band finally came on and like always, did NOT disappoint. Something was wrong with the mix for the first couple of songs, but then it got straightened out. Pretty standard setlist from [B]Kix[/B]. no complaints, but it would be nice to hear a deep cut :3 Steve had the bucket, the umbrella, and then the balloons all at the right times/songs. Totally worth going to see [B]Kix [/B]and [B]Night Ranger[/B] was a nice bonus. [B]Enuff Znuff[/B]...well we could have just napped in the car a bit.

[B]Enuff Z'nuff[/B][LIST][*]Heaven or Hell[*] Kitty [*] Baby loves you[*] We're all alright[*] ?[*] ?[*] There goes my heart[*] Fly high Michelle[*] Come together (Beatles cover)[*] New Thing[/LIST]
[B]Night Ranger[/B]
[LIST][*]Lay it on me[*] Send me away[*] Rumors in the air[*] Growing up in California[*] The Secret of my success[*] Midnight madness[*] Keyboard interlude[*] Sentimental street[*] Eddie's comin out tonight[*] HIGH ENOUGH (Damn Yankees)[*] 4 in the morning[*] When you Close Your Eyes[*] Don't Tell Me You Love Me[*] Sister Christian[*] You can still rock in America[/LIST]
[B]Kix[/B]
[LIST][*]Hot wire[*] Heartache[*] The Itch [*] Same Jane [*] Cold shower [*] Girl money [*] Don't close your eyes [*] No ring around Rosie [*] Lie like a rug[*] Midnight Dynamite[*] Cold blood[*] Drum soloish[*] Blow my fuse[*] Solo[*] Yeah yeah yeah[/LIST]

sarsip 05-13-2012 04:44 PM

Great Night Ranger set. Rumors in the Air is awesome!

Nater 05-13-2012 08:14 PM

man I have been hoping to see a DY for a few years now. they just need to do it. It's not gonna break any of their balls.

MPF 05-13-2012 08:16 PM

I just wanna make sure I got this right......Kix HEADLINED over Night Ranger?

What Kix song is bigger then Sister Christian?

Henryperezrocks 05-13-2012 09:54 PM

So Kix Played Blow My Fuse Twice?:lol::lol::lol:

The Ghost at Number One 05-13-2012 11:58 PM

Not a single thing wrong with Enuff Z'Nuff. Grossly underrated band, in my opinion. How'd they sound?

gilpdawg 05-14-2012 12:38 AM

[QUOTE=MPF;465902]I just wanna make sure I got this right......Kix HEADLINED over Night Ranger?

What Kix song is bigger then Sister Christian?[/QUOTE]
I think Kix is pretty big in that part of the country, relative to their anonymity everywhere else.

tenchimyo 05-14-2012 03:27 AM

[QUOTE=Henryperezrocks;465919]So Kix Played Blow My Fuse Twice?:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]
ooops they must have really played it after cold blood. I guess I had more drinks than I thought!

tenchimyo 05-14-2012 03:30 AM

[QUOTE=gilpdawg;465925]I think Kix is pretty big in that part of the country, relative to their anonymity everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

100% correct. At least in NOVA/MD Kix is a pretty big draw. I remember last year at outlaw jam Brian Setzer headlined over them...horrible choice.

I enjoyed Night Ranger but I don't think in this area they would be a better closer than Kix

tenchimyo 05-14-2012 03:31 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;465924]Not a single thing wrong with Enuff Z'Nuff. Grossly underrated band, in my opinion. How'd they sound?[/QUOTE]

I thought they sounded fine - if you like them and their beatlesesque sound then you woulda been the second most excited person there for them.