WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Black Dahlia Murder -- Madison, WI -- May 11th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20391)

kalfitegrdan 05-13-2012 08:38 AM

The Black Dahlia Murder -- Madison, WI -- May 11th, 2012

I've been meaning to post this for the last few days, but this is the first time that I've had time. Let me start this off by saying that if this tour comes near you, GO TO IT. All the bands put on a phenomenal live show. Exhumed and The Black Dahlia Murder were already both in my top 5 live death metal bands, but Fuck the Facts was also so fucking good.

Fuck the Facts was first and as with most grind bands, they had so much stage energy! They were moving all over the place and going nuts. I'm pretty sure the vocalist was drunk as hell because she kept leaning on people's shoulders for balance. :lol: They didn't get as much of a crowd reaction as they deserved. I don't have a set list for them because they didn't announce their songs at all and I don't have enough of their discography.

Exhumed was next and at any normal show, they would have stolen the show, but Black Dahlia just happened to really bring it as well. Exhumed, like Fuck the Facts, didn't get much of a crowd reaction, which was kind of disappointing, seeing as how both bands deserved it and completely tore shit up. They brought out the chainsaw for the Limb from Limb intro and the decapitated head for Open the Abscess and it was the guitarist's (Wes Caley) birthday, so we sang him Happy Birthday and then the guy with the chainsaw came out with a pie and threw it in the guitarist's face and then into the audience where some guys in the pit decided to smear the remaining pie all over their faces. I'm almost positive that this set list is correct.

All Guts, No Glory
As Hammer to Anvil :rocker:
Necrotized :rocker:
Necromaniac :rocker:
Torso
Limb from Limb :rocker:
I Rot Within
Death Knell
Decrepit Crescendo
Distorted and Twisted Into Form
Open the Abscess :rocker:

The Black Dahlia Murder came on and right away the crowd started going insane for them. The pits were pretty much constant throughout the set and there were a few crowd surfers and stage divers. I don't really know the order for the set list, but I know that they played these songs. (And possibly more) I'm pretty sure that the first four are in the right order and the last two definitely are.

A Shrine to Madness
Moonlight Equilibrium
What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse :rocker:
Statutory Ape
Malenchantments of the Necrosphere
The Window
Necropolis :rocker:
Den of the Picquerist
Carbonized in Cruciform
Everything Went Black
Miasma
On Stirring Seas of Salted Blood :rocker:
I Will Return :rocker:
Blood on the Ink
Deathmask Divine
Unhallowed/Funeral Thirst

I wanna stress again that this set list is completely out of order and possibly incomplete. Anyway, overall, this might have been one of my favorite shows of the year because all of the bands put on such a great show. In summation, if this show comes by you...GO TO IT!

GarageMetal468 05-13-2012 09:02 AM

I wish I could've made it to this but my friend didn't have enough money... And Exhumed didn't play The Matter of Splatter? Or anything from Anatomy is Destiny? Huh...

Also, my other friend at the show got this:

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/577919_10150929766384002_665244001_11464227_1217282657_n.jpg[/img]

mankvill 05-13-2012 09:10 AM

I love Exhumed, but no Matter of Splatter or Waxwork is sad. :(

I love Brack Dahria Murrer, but no Everything Went Black is sad. :(

That said, I'd love to get this tour. :drool:

brutal_descent 05-13-2012 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;465766]I love Brack Dahria Murrer, but no Everything Went Black is sad. :([/QUOTE]

EWB is on the setlist, look at the photo.

bigguytoo9 05-13-2012 09:28 AM

WOW, killer sets from both bands. I cant wait to see this on Wed night!! It will be my 4th BDM show and my second time for the mighty Exhumed.

kalfitegrdan 05-13-2012 09:32 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and edit the first post with the actual set list then.

mankvill 05-13-2012 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;465769]EWB is on the setlist, look at the photo.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought he said that was from a different show.

I have no qualms with that set now. :party:

treghet 05-13-2012 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;465766]I love Exhumed, but no Matter of Splatter or Waxwork is sad. :([/QUOTE]

Playing a support set I could understand not playing Waxwork (although I'd love to hear it), but not playing The Matter of Splatter? :eek: I can't imagine seeing them without that song.

AnataFan4Life 05-13-2012 09:59 AM

I wish Exhumed would play Disassembly Line

Nickweiser 05-13-2012 10:19 AM

Garage Metal, thanks for postin that setlist for me, one less thing i gotta do ahhaah ya Trevor gave me that setlist after. Exhumed set is CORRECT except Decrepit was played BEFORE Distorted. and yes you read that correct NO matter of splatter. Ya i was surprised too. But goddamn EVERY band brought it!

i was one of them stage divers, i had the Death Angel shirt, long brown hair and black shorts and combat boots.

Talked to Trevor a bit after the show and they still apparently got LOTS more touring for Ritual left!

Talked to the Exhumed guys as well before the show. Sister and them were talkin about alcohol and such, so ya we all shared some good laughs.

Fuck The Facts was a surpriser for me. VERY good.

and yes, usually Exhumed ALWAYS steals the show, but Dahlia made sure to step it up as me and sister couldnt figure out who we enjoyed more, so ya sign that they both ripped