WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Destruction -- Detroit, MI -- May 11th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20380)

Slasherous 05-12-2012 08:18 AM

Destruction -- Detroit, MI -- May 11th, 2012

1. The Butcher Strikes Back
2. Total Desaster
3. Satanís Vengeance
4. Mad Butcher
5. Armaggedonizer
6. Eternal Ban
7. Life Without Sense
8. Hate Is My Fuel
9. Thrash Till Death
10. Ritual (partial)
11. Tormentor
12. Nailed To The Cross
13. Bestial Invasion
----------
14. Curse The Gods
15. Death Trap
16. Invincible Force

*NOTES*
-Some people kept yelling out Ritual, so they played the first half of it up until the solo, and went into Tormentor.
-After Curse The Gods, they asked what we wanted to hear, so I yelled with all my metal might "DEATH TRAP!" and since I was right infront of Schmier he heard and suggested it. Other fans wanted Invinsible Force. While they had the fans choose which song, it was hard to tell what the fans wanted more. So they played both. :)

VoidFlame 05-12-2012 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=Slasherous;465622]
-Some people kept yelling out Ritual, so they played the first half of it up until the solo, and went into Tormentor.
-After Curse The Gods, they asked what we wanted to hear, so I yelled with all my metal might "DEATH TRAP!" and since I was right infront of Schmier he heard and suggested it. Other fans wanted Invinsible Force. While they had the fans choose which song, it was hard to tell what the fans wanted more. So they played both. :)[/QUOTE]

That's fucking epic :party:

Fates Guardian 05-12-2012 11:37 AM

May One-hundred-and-eleventh, eh? =P Nice set, and very cool that they a) took requests and b) played them. Would have wanted more 'Release from Agony' myself, but whatever.

brutal_descent 05-12-2012 01:44 PM

Great set; nice to see Tormentor, Tears of Blood and The Ritual (second performance ever I believe) giving appearances.

As for song requests... Destruction did the same thing when I saw them last September; they 'let' the audience choose between Tears of Blood and Death Trap, but ended up playing both. I'd commend them for making everyone happy, but I took their setlist off the stage after the show and it had both songs listed :eyes:

treghet 05-12-2012 08:19 PM

Woo Invincible Force! Plus Death Trap, Tormentor, and The Ritual! :drool:

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;465648]Great set; nice to see Tormentor, Tears of Blood and The Ritual (second performance ever I believe) giving appearances.[/QUOTE]

They were playing The Ritual / Thrash Attack medley on the Thrashfest Classics tour.

brutal_descent 05-13-2012 06:11 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;465691]They were playing The Ritual / Thrash Attack medley on the Thrashfest Classics tour.[/QUOTE]

Unless The Ritual was part of a medley or partially played at this show, it'll be the second time the song has ever been played in full.

treghet 05-13-2012 06:14 AM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;465735]Unless The Ritual was part of a medley or partially played at this show, it'll be the second time the song has ever been played in full.[/QUOTE]

It says partial right next to it.

brutal_descent 05-13-2012 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;465739]It says partial right next to it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, OP must have edited the post after I posted my comment, sorry.

treghet 05-13-2012 06:36 AM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;465740]Hmm, OP must have edited the post after I posted my comment, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Nope, 42 minutes before your first post. :lol:

brutal_descent 05-13-2012 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;465741]Nope, 42 minutes before your first post. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Okay, so I messed up. Sorry :tp: