WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slash -- Baltimore, MD -- May 3rd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20292)

tenchimyo 05-04-2012 05:33 AM

Slash -- Baltimore, MD -- May 3rd, 2012

Slash (featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators *whew*) came to RAM's Head Live for the first stop on his Apocalyptic Love tour to a sold out show. I had to stand near the back. Slash had a bunch of merch - Bandana (15), LIVE CD/DVD (30), shirts for the new album (35), a few other things I don't recall.

Brand New Sin opened. They had a different singer than the last time I saw them (back opening for Black Label Society in like...2001 or something). They played their one song I recognized (My World), and some other songs that sounded more like Black Stone Cherry. Not bad, but not great. An OK opener.
(may update later w/ a setlist for them as I'm waiting for my car to be serviced)

Slash came on around 9:45 and played until about 11:30. They had a bunch of dynamic lighting, but not much of a theatric show beyond that. But they didn't really need one, I thought. Slash was jumping around a bit near the beginning, and the bass player and Myles were pretty energetic. Soundwise, they were great- at least from where I was standing. Solid, the sound was very similar to that 'Made in Stoke' release that Slash put out recently - very close if not spot on to what their live sound was. Myles may suffer a little from 'everything in the same tone/drone syndrome' and sometimes lyrics were a bit hard to distinguish, but that's how he sounded on that live album too. Regardless, I thought he did a very good job.

People were NOT very responsive during most songs. They were cheering and hootin' and hollering after each song, tho- so they must have been enjoying it. The biggest reactions were for the GNR songs and (I thought surprisingly) a couple of the Velvet Revolver songs that I was pretty unfamiliar with. I just thought it was odd that most people were mostly motionless except for a few people jumping up and down and a small group of people near the front pumping fists and the like. I noticed a couple other headbangers, but I felt like I was the only one really moving. This whole feeling was similar to the Within Temptation show I went to last year... Well to each his own.

There were a couple of songs that I thought I had taken better notes on- but apparently I just have question marks.

Highly recommended. A bit pricey (~$40 US dollars), but if you like Slash's solo stuff, GNR, Velvet Revolver, or some combination then I have to say you will enjoy this show. We got a couple new songs- they sounded pretty good. Not great, but not horrible. Pretty cool. I left as Paradise City (when suddenly... confetti... shot out from the stage) was winding down...to have to jump start my car. Buzzkill.

No Pits were seen.

Setlist:[LIST][*]Mean bone[*]Dirty Little Thing (Velvet Revolver)[*]Ghost[*]Night train (lively crowd)[*]Rocket queen w solo (GNR)[*]Short guitar jam[*]Back From Cali ( restarted due to ? some reason that I missed, Myles was trying not to laugh. I think someone missed their cue)[*]Sucker Train Blues (Velvet Revolver)[*]Standing in the Sun (New Song)[*]Fall to Pieces (Velvet revolver) (a lot of applause. Apparently )[*]Dr Alibi (bass player sang on this song)[*]Speed Parade (Slash's SnakePit)[*]Watch This-(3 guitar jam w/ Myles on guitar)[*]Starlight[*]You're a Lie ? (New Song- video out soon)[*]My Michelle (2 guys jumping.)[*]Just Like Anything (Slash's Snakepit)[*]Sweet child O' Mine (GNR)[*]band intros[*]guitar wankery to -[*]Slither (Velvet Revolver)[*]-----------------11:15[*]By the Sword[*]Paradise City (GNR)[/LIST]

Nater 05-04-2012 08:57 AM

I can't imagine anyone but Lemmy singing Dr. Alibi

tenchimyo 05-04-2012 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=Nater;463980]I can't imagine anyone but Lemmy singing Dr. Alibi[/QUOTE]

Slash's bassist sounded alright - he reminded me a bit of Sebastian Bach vocal wise.

Henryperezrocks 05-04-2012 10:51 AM

saw slash i believe 2 years ago at The Warfield in SF and let me tell you, it was one of the greatest concerts ive ever seen..non stop energy, amazing set. its worth every penny! everyone, if slash comes to your town go!

Phil709 05-04-2012 01:29 PM

What's the weather like in Mary? :cool: