WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rammstein -- Cleveland, OH -- May 3rd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20286)

petrovar 05-03-2012 08:02 PM

Rammstein -- Cleveland, OH -- May 3rd, 2012

Venue: Quicken Loans Arena
Source: Me

Sonne
Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen
Keine Lust
Sehnsucht
Asche zu Asche
Feuer Frei!
Mutter
Mein Teil
Du Riechst So Gut
Links 2-3-4
Du Hast
Haifisch
--------------
Buck Dich
Mann Gegen Mann
Ohne Dich
--------------
Mein Herz Brennt
Amerika
Ich Will
Engel
Pussy

This was my third Rammstein show (Family Values tour in 1998 and Pledge of Allegiance tour in 2001 before) and was definitely one of the 10 best shows I've ever seen. I've wanted to see them headline for so long and finally did.

The show started at 8:30 with the DJ coming out, throwing glow sticks and playing electronic/dub step mixes of Rammstein songs. The band came on at 9:00 and entered from the crowd to the walkway that came down from the ceiling. They carried a torch, the Rammstein flag and Ohio state flag across to the stage and busted out Sonne.

During Haifisch, Flake crowd surfed in the raft right over my head! I've been watching Rammstein's DVDs for years and have always wanted to experience that.

My one gripe was that during Buck Dich, Mann Gegen Mann and Ohne Dich, they played the songs on a mini stage on the other end of the walkway. While this was cool and I was able to get pretty close, the songs were mimed and played through the PA, except for Till's vocals, which he sang. Ohne Dich is one of my favorite songs of theirs and I really wanted to hear it "live". Oh well, still a hell of a show.

Mein Teil was the highlight for me, but it was an unforgettable night overall.

kommie 05-03-2012 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=petrovar;463887]
the songs were [B][I][U]mimed [/U][/I][/B]and played through the PA, except for Till's vocals, which he sang.
[/QUOTE]

What, they Milli Vanilli'd it? how could you tell?

rjturtle9 05-04-2012 01:10 AM

[QUOTE=kommie;463907]What, they Milli Vanilli'd it? how could you tell?[/QUOTE]

Watching live videos from those songs, you can kinda tell. Flake gives it away. They mimed a bunch of songs in the past. For the most part it's all live, but sometimes, like for when they played Te Quiero Puta, it's totally fake.

Butcher of Birth 05-04-2012 04:22 AM

I thought something seemed odd when I saw them up close. The drums didn't match the PA at all.

petrovar 05-04-2012 04:27 AM

[QUOTE=Butcher of Birth;463928]I thought something seemed odd when I saw them up close. The drums didn't match the PA at all.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I was two rows from the mini stage and you could hear the studio version of all three songs in the PA. The instruments were definitely not plugged in and Christoph's cymbals and bass drum were off.

Chris_M_S 05-04-2012 06:18 AM

I'm pretty sure Till always faked singing "Rammlied" when they used to play that as the opener

phibroptik 05-04-2012 03:51 PM

Just had to respond to this...I've seen them four times on their latest tour and I have to completely disagree that the songs on the small-stage are mimed...they have radio-mics on the guitars and bass that connect to the main speakers in front of the large stage, so you wouldn't expect the sound to come from the mini-stage. I know the studio versions of those songs extremely well and the versions they play live are not the same. If it is all mimed on that stage, how come Paul fluffed the clean guitar part during Mann Gegen Mann at one of the shows I was at, and how do they get feedback on the guitars that is certainly not there in the studio versions of the songs?

God Bringer Of Death 05-05-2012 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=phibroptik;464075]Just had to respond to this...I've seen them four times on their latest tour and I have to completely disagree that the songs on the small-stage are mimed...they have radio-mics on the guitars and bass that connect to the main speakers in front of the large stage, so you wouldn't expect the sound to come from the mini-stage. I know the studio versions of those songs extremely well and the versions they play live are not the same. If it is all mimed on that stage, how come Paul fluffed the clean guitar part during Mann Gegen Mann at one of the shows I was at, and how do they get feedback on the guitars that is certainly not there in the studio versions of the songs?[/QUOTE]

I'm in agreement here. It was a strange feeling from the floor having the sound come from behind as we watched the mini stage, but it was very much live, save for the chorus to Mann Gegen Mann, which was playback. All instruments had wireless mics, including Flake who continued to play, carrying his keyboard back across the bridge. An ever so slight delay is to be expected.

I can't for the life of me remember which city it was, but I recall a youtube video of Paul's guitar going out during one of the second stage songs while a bunch of techs scrambled to fix it.

Also, why would they bother to make it "look like" they're playing? Why go through the trouble and not just play it anyway?

phibroptik 05-05-2012 08:39 AM

there's a vid from one of the shows where Olli's bass packs up working and there is a mad scramble to replace the cables...not seen one where its Paul's guitar. I was front-row for 3 of the shows and it did feel a bit weird that the sound was blasting out right behind my head when I could barely see them on the small-stage but it was def. live sound! I do agree that some of the backing vocals may be playback...I know what Paul sounds like when he sings and its not like that! ;)

John The Drummer 05-05-2012 08:44 AM

People need to realize that with bands like this there is A LOT of samples/backing vocals/playbacks/pre-recorded shit, etc etc etc over the PA system. They do that to get a good sound for the live shows.

Back when Turisas toured with Cradle of Filth they had A TON of pre-recorded stuff, mainly their guitar solos.