WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Montreal, Quebec -- May 2nd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20281)

VoidFlame 05-03-2012 06:13 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Montreal, Quebec -- May 2nd, 2012

Venue: Bell Center
Opening band: Sleigh Bells

The same friend that went to Rammstein also went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers. Here's the set.

[B][U]Red Hot Chili Peppers[/U][/B]

Monarchy Of Roses
Around the World
Scar Tissue
Dani California
Charlie
Look Around
Throw Away Your Television
The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
Can’t Stop
Emit Remmus
Under The Bridge
Goodbye Hooray
Californication
Higher Ground
By The Way

------------------

Suck My Kiss
I Could Have Lied
Give It Away

ravenheart 05-03-2012 06:38 AM

Aw, look at RHCP pretending they've got more than one song.

Chris_M_S 05-03-2012 06:55 AM

I'd have to go back and check, but these sets look shorter than what they were playing in, say, 2003 when I saw them. Would be cool to see "I Could Have Lied" but at this point they've put out two albums I haven't listened to and it would be tough to drag myself out to the show. We'll see what happens when they come to St. Louis if there are cheap tickets on Stubhub, maybe I'll go anyway, 9 years is a long time. I miss Frusciante, though, he was my favorite part of the band.

Chris_M_S 05-03-2012 06:56 AM

Yeah, this is 18 songs, and they did 21 when I saw them. I guess not a massive, massive difference, but I'm just a stickler sometimes. They played a few pretty rad songs when I went: [url]http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/red-hot-chili-peppers/2003/smirnoff-music-centre-dallas-tx-3bd7a880.html[/url]

Now that I look at it, 2 of the songs on this setlist are just quick little covers Frusciante would do mid-set during a gear change or something, plus "They're Red Hot," which is super short. So it ends up being the same number of songs, basically.

Steev 05-03-2012 07:08 AM

wow, that's a pretty weak setlist

kinda glad I saw them when I did in 2000

MetalIsArt 05-03-2012 07:56 AM

Still, almost no "real" old material.

bigguytoo9 05-03-2012 08:55 AM

I saw RHCP w/ JOHN on guitar (rightfully) back in 2006. It was a rockin gig but even then the setlist was pretty weak, The Mars Volta opened. Without that Meth head on Guitar this band is nothing exciting in my eyes. Flea stole the show btw.

Chris_M_S 05-03-2012 09:04 AM

I hear John is off the wagon again, though I'm not sure what he's supposed to be partaking in. For a guy who says he loves music so much, the fact that he was more prolific making solo material while a member of the Chili Peppers than he's been since his departure is a little troubling.

Sepultura69 05-03-2012 09:16 AM

I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers with Stone Temple Pilots in september of 2000 during their "Californication" tour. My mom took me, it was my first concert ever. I was only 12 years old when I attended the show. This was also when John Frusciante was still in the band. It was a nice a gift after being stuck in the middle east/Iran for the last 6 months and for most of the summer. When I returned home to america my mother surprised me with two tickets to see RHCP :D

I know this was a somewhat useless post and didn't really offer anything to the table, or critiquing of this current setlist, but eh, I figure I should just drop my 2 cents on here while this thread is still fresh and running. I guess since i saw Red Hot Chili peppers with John Frusciante during the "californication" tour, that makes me old school :D

MetalIsArt 05-03-2012 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=Wizard in Black 666;463777]I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers with Stone Temple Pilots in september of 2000 during their "Californication" tour. My mom took me, it was my first concert ever. I was only 12 years old when I attended the show. This was also when John Frusciante was still in the band. It was a nice a gift after being stuck in the middle east/Iran for the last 6 months and for most of the summer. When I returned home to america my mother surprised me with two tickets to see RHCP :D

I know this was a somewhat useless post and didn't really offer anything to the table, or critiquing of this current setlist, but eh, I figure I should just drop my 2 cents on here while this thread is still fresh and running. I guess since i saw Red Hot Chili peppers with John Frusciante during the "californication" tour, that makes me old school :D[/QUOTE]

Californication is still a great record imho.