WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   sooooo yeah Sabaton (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19983)

Steev 03-30-2012 06:32 PM

sooooo yeah Sabaton

As first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET on March 26, Swedish metallers SABATON have now confirmed the departure of guitarists Oskar Montelius and Rikard Sundén, drummer Daniel Mulback and keyboardist Daniel M˙hr. Vocalist Joakim Brķden and bassist Pär Sundström will continue SABATON with new, as-yet-undisclosed members.

Commented SABATON in a statement: "Starting a band at the age of 18 is simple, keeping it intact for 12 years is much harder, and finally we have come to the crossroad where we will go separate ways.

"Pär Sundström and Joakim Brodén will continue to battle on stage, carrying the banner of SABATON to further victories.

"We will always have an eternal bond to each other, created by more than 12 years of friendship and touring, and wish each other long and prosperous lives with families, various projects and musical careers.

"In the end, all six of us will end up in our own glorious future…"

SABATON's new album, "Carolus Rex", will be released in Europe on May 25 via Nuclear Blast Records. The lyrics for the CD, which will be made available in both English and Swedish, deal with the Swedish Empire (referring to the Kingdom of Sweden between 1561 and 1721).

The band previously stated about "Carolus Rex": "For the first time ever we have had an expert to help us out with the theme, the well-known Swedish historian Bengt Liljegren. We have also added some extra time in the studio to find the absolute right sound on 'Carolus Rex', and our producer, Peter Tägtgren, says that this album will mark a brand new standard for how a heavy metal album should sound like!"

Liljegren's previously published works include acclaimed biographies of Adolf Hitler and Karl XII. He also appeared in the popular Swedish TV series "Boston Tea Party".

SABATON will embark on a North American headlining tour next month. The "Swedish Empire Tour 2012" will kick off on April 10 in Tampa, Florida.

mankvill 03-30-2012 06:45 PM

Jesus...

Epidemic Reign 03-30-2012 06:45 PM

Peter Tägtgren, you say?

Sounds good to me.

MPF 03-30-2012 11:56 PM

So if I understand this right, they have 11 days to form a new lineup and learn a sets worth of music.

Yeah......that's why I'm not believing a thing till April 2nd.

brutal_descent 03-31-2012 12:47 AM

Woah, that's harsh.

ravenheart 03-31-2012 01:38 AM

Meh. No one cares about the guys in this band apart from the singer anyway, and he's staying.

And I doubt they've left themselves 11 days to sort out the replacements. Nearly every band that loses members has known it's going to be losing them for months and has everything in place before the departure is announced.

Spiner202 03-31-2012 05:29 AM

Even though I have tickets to see them, I'm not too bothered whether or not this is an April Fool's joke. I'm not familiar enough with the band to know how their songwriting process works, but in terms of the music, the singer is really the only essential member for me to see live.

Steev 03-31-2012 06:30 AM

Chances are they have a lineup set by now, nowadays bands rarely announce members have left without having replacements

ravenheart 04-02-2012 06:08 AM

[QUOTE=Steev;456769]Chances are they have a lineup set by now, nowadays bands rarely announce members have left without having replacements[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'd [i]just[/i] said that.

[QUOTE=ravenheart;456734]Nearly every band that loses members has known it's going to be losing them for months and has everything in place before the departure is announced.[/QUOTE]

New line-up:

Joakim Brodén - Vocals
Pär Sundström - Bass
Chris Rörland - Guitars
Thobbe Englund - Guitars
Robban Bäck - Drums

Daniel M˙hr continues on keyboards until a replacement is found.

MPF 04-02-2012 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;457110]:lol: I'd [i]just[/i] said that.[/QUOTE]

"I would just say that" What's to stop you from saying it? :tongue: