WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alcest -- Orlando, FL -- March 22nd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19907)

Seventhzealot 03-23-2012 12:19 AM

Alcest -- Orlando, FL -- March 22nd, 2012

Me, illninoese and kramer709(not sure if he posts much) got to the venue around the time the first openers had just finished playing. We hung out at the bar till Deafheaven came on and went upfront for their set.

The Deafheaven set, I presume, was the same as the one posted here earlier. They were pretty fun to watch live and had the crowd going for most of their energetic set.

[B]Alcest[/B] (Now in order ;))

Autre temps
Percées de lumière
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles
Les voyages de l'âme
Faiseurs de mondes
Ciel errant
Écailles de lune - Part 1
Souvenirs d'un autre monde
Summer's Glory

Alcest got on just before midnight and right from the first note of Autre temps, they were right on the money. As is evident from the set, the set wasn't too heavy on the black metal vocals from Neige but they were pretty nailed whenever called upon. As it was way past midnight through the middle of their set, Neige played a happy birthday verse as everyone sang along for the drummer. They were supposed to close out with Souvenirs but ended up playing an extra song on everyone's request.

The normal shirts were priced at $20 while the tour shirt was $25, I think. Having said that, they were selling older tour shirts from the Le Secret tour. The CD was $15 while the digipack was $20. The turnout was decent for a pub I guess, probably around 100 by the time Alcest went on.

hb420 03-23-2012 12:51 AM

Awesome set, but literally any Alcest set would be. :fist:

MPF 03-23-2012 02:55 AM

I have such a hard on for Faiseurs de Mondes. It is BY FAR their best song. from Beginning to end is perfection.

That said, perfect setlist, at least the songs anyways. since it's no in order I'll hope that Faiseurs de Mondes was the last song before encore (if there was one) I can't imagine a better closing song.

GameFreac 03-23-2012 09:12 AM

Finally

Different set from the European tour and a little heavy on the new album (not a bad thing..just haven't listened to it much so I'm not super familiar with it) but still a good setlist.

Can't wait for tonight. :party:

mankvill 03-23-2012 09:18 AM

[QUOTE=Seventhzealot;454887]
Ciel errant[/QUOTE]

YEEEEEEEEEEEAH

The best song written by anyone in the history of forever. Finally they're playing it live. Get that shit on tape!

VoidFlame 03-23-2012 09:44 AM

:drool: They were great with Enslaved, but seeing them headline would be incredible.

jd091 03-23-2012 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;454937]YEEEEEEEEEEEAH

The best song written by anyone in the history of forever. Finally they're playing it live. Get that shit on tape![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this. For me, half the set being the new album = half a set too much of the new album, but this makes up for it. All the older songs they included = automatic sex! Didn't get to see Ecailles part 1 last time either, so I'll be flipping out hearing that. :lovedup: Glad they got more than 1 screamer in the set. And Percees is such a perfect closer.

Also, how packed was it?

dcmetal108 03-23-2012 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=jd091;454947]Yeah, this. For me, half the set being the new album = half a set too much of the new album, but this makes up for it. All the older songs they included = automatic sex! Didn't get to see Ecailles part 1 last time either, so I'll be flipping out hearing that. :lovedup: Glad they got more than 1 screamer in the set. And Percees is such a perfect closer.

Also, how packed was it?[/QUOTE]

Last sentence of the paragraph he said there was around 100 by the time they Alcest went on. :D

Seventhzealot 03-23-2012 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;454953]Last sentence of the paragraph he said there was around 100 by the time they Alcest went on. :D[/QUOTE]

I wrote the review just 30 mins back ;)

Rocco44 03-23-2012 01:49 PM

That's quite a bit of the new album. I guess I'd better listen to it before my show lol