WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Deicide -- San Francisco, CA -- March 20th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19895)

Onioner 03-21-2012 02:34 AM

Deicide -- San Francisco, CA -- March 20th, 2012

I went to this show pretty much only to cover it for Metal Assault- I'm not really a fan of Deicide.

This was my first time seeing Abigail Williams. They were enjoyable I suppose. I've heard way better atmosphericblackwhateverthehell metal though.

1. Ascension Sickness
2. Radiance
3. Beyond the Veil

Jungle Rot were the surprise of the night for me, I absolutely loved their set despite not knowing anything about them prior. Their drummer is a robot though, and not in a cool way. He played to a click and it made the songs sound way too perfect. They almost didn't sound live, and they sounded slower than they should have been. That natural speeding up when playing live effect straight up disappeared because of the drummer, which bugged the hell out of me. And the guy had the single worst bass drum sound I've ever heard in my entire life. Like, it was just a pure click. Dude may as well have taken away the bass drums themselves and replaced them with electronic kick pads.

1. Their Finest Hour
2. Blood Ties
3. Demon Souls
4. Worst Case Scenario
5. Misplaced Anger
6. Let Them Die
7. Rise Up & Revolt
8. Fight for Life
9. Strong Shall Survive
10. Gore Bag

Deicide were surprisingly pretty boring to me. I don't know, I guess I'm just not a fan. I thought the songs Children of the Underworld and How Can You Call Yourself a God were cool though. The set was only 75 minutes long, if I hadn't gotten in for free then I would have been a bit miffed.

1. Homage for Satan
2. Dead by Dawn
3. Once Upon the Cross
4. Scars of the Crucifix
5. When Satan Rules His World
6. Serpents of the Light
7. Save Your
8. Hang in Agony Until You're Dead
9. Conviction
10. Blame It on God
11. They Are the Children of the Underworld
12. Death to Jesus
13. Witness of Death
14. Desecration
15. Into the Darkness You Go
16. How Can You Call Yourself a God
17. Kill the Christian
18. Sacrificial Suicide
19. Lunatic of God's Creation
20. Oblivious to Evil

Bloodcurse 03-21-2012 06:09 AM

[QUOTE=Onioner;454480]The set was only 75 minutes long[/QUOTE]

First Deicide show for you huh?

christopher 03-21-2012 06:22 AM

[QUOTE=Bloodcurse;454490]First Deicide show for you huh?[/QUOTE]

hahaha THIS! Deicide always changes up the length of their set when I see them. The first time I saw them, they literally played an hour and 45 minute end of the tour special set. The next time I saw them, they only played 45 minutes and it was still a headlining set.

slapguitarer 03-21-2012 08:21 AM

That's pretty stupid.

hellawaits77ny 03-22-2012 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=slapguitarer;454514]That's pretty stupid.[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah it is. I'd have been homicidal after a 45 minute headlining set.

This set is about 80-85 minutes. Not sure why so many people get bent outta shape about it. Granted it's still not that long, but comparitively to many bands, it's not bad at all.

Onioner 03-22-2012 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;454761]LOL yeah it is. I'd have been homicidal after a 45 minute headlining set.

This set is about 80-85 minutes. Not sure why so many people get bent outta shape about it. Granted it's still not that long, but comparitively to many bands, it's not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

A headline set from a band charging over $25 bucks a ticket and with as large a discography as Deicide's should play 90 minutes, no excuses. Anything less is the result of some combination of greed and laziness. Being satisfied with less is just gonna give other groups the impression that shorter sets are okay. Considering the fact that ticket prices continue to rise steadily, bands should be playing longer to compensate for it, not play even shorter sets.

ross_r 03-26-2012 08:24 PM

seriously

Metal Assault hires 19 year olds? Seriously? Deicide was formed before you were born. I first saw Deicide when you were like 2 years old......your opinion ain't crap. Post your crap in asshole opinions you D-BAG.

mankvill 03-26-2012 08:37 PM

Everyone take a step back and take a chill pill, please.

hellawaits77ny 03-26-2012 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=ross_r;455732]Metal Assault hires 19 year olds? Seriously? Deicide was formed before you were born. I first saw Deicide when you were like 2 years old......your opinion ain't crap. Post your crap in asshole opinions you D-BAG.[/QUOTE]

Deicide was formed BEFORE he was born. And I agree.

hellawaits77ny 03-26-2012 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;454769] Considering the fact that ticket prices continue to rise steadily, bands should be playing longer to compensate for it, not play even shorter sets.[/QUOTE]

Yes, prices are increasing. As are prices for virtually everything. Gas prices have increased, does that mean that my car should be more fuel efficient now?

And again I will mention, an 80 minute set nowadays for an extreme metal band is nothing to scoff at.