WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Dream Set Lists (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Mayhem Festival 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19879)

Noobsaibot 03-18-2012 04:09 PM

Mayhem Festival 2012

I made a dream setlist for last years Mayhem Festival for the bands i liked so i figured i would do another one this year. This year is a whole lot better than any other Mayhem lineups in my opinion; despite Asking Alexandria and The Devil Wears Prada.

High on Fire: 30 minutes

Frost Hammer
Fertile Green
Devilution
Rumors of War
Snakes for the Divine

Whitechapel: 30 minutes

Strength Beyond Strength (Pantera Cover)
Devolver
Breeding Violence
The Darkest Days of Man
Reprogrammed to Hate
Father of Lies
This is Exile

As I Lay Dying: 35 Minutes

Separation / Nothing Left
Forever
Through Struggle
Anodyne Sea
94 Hours
Falling Upon Deaf Ears
Within Destruction
Confined

Anthrax: 35-40 Minutes

Worship / Earth on Hell
Caught In A Mosh
Madhouse
Among the Living
Anti-Social
Indians
The Devil You Know
I Am The Law

Motorhead 35-40 minutes

Iron Fist
Ace of Spades
Love Me Like A Reptile
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Overkill
We Are The Road Crew
No Class
Orgazmatron

Slayer: 60 Minutes

The entire South of Heaven album

South of Heaven
Silent Scream
Live Undead
Behind the Crooked Cross
Mandatory Suicide
Ghosts of War
Read Between the Lies
Cleanse the Soul
Dissident Aggressor (Judas Priest Cover)
Spill the Blood
------------------
Jihad
War Ensemble
The Antichrist
Chemical Warfare
Raining Blood
Angel of Death

dcmetal108 03-18-2012 04:45 PM

I know this a dream setlist and all but knowing that Anthrax is getting a full length set why not make theirs bigger?

Noobsaibot 03-18-2012 07:31 PM

The 2nd stage headliner on mayhem never got a longer set than 35-40 minutes

kalfitegrdan 03-19-2012 05:12 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and piggyback on this thread with my own Mayhem Fest dream set lists. (Deal with it) I know it's probably not gonna happen like this, but whatever.

I The Breather is set to start the day out, but they stayed up late into the night preaching and overslept and missed their set time. Sarcastic sad faces all around.

High on Fire is next, because I assume the second stage and Sumerian stage will be rotating. Right after they start the opening riff to Frost Hammer, hardcore kid's heads start exploding left and right because they can't comprehend the sheer awesomeness. (Much to the chagrin of a few of the subsequent bands) Nary a hardcore kid is to be found after this mere thirty minute set.

Frost Hammer
Headhunter
Rumors of War
Hung, Drawn and Quartered
Death is This Communion
Fertile Green

Upon a Burning Body is next and they are a little shaken by having to follow such a performance, but they perform to the best of their abilities. (The extent of which, some may argue)

Sin City
Righteous Kill
Carlito's Way
Donnie Brasco
Intermission
(new song)
Scarface
Any Given Sunday
Heat
Devil's Advocate

Whitechapel comes next. Seconds before they take the stage, they have a sudden epiphany that their new album sucked and This Is Exile is overplayed. They decide to only play songs from The Somatic Defilement.

Necrotizing
The Somatic Defilement
Ear To Ear
Fairy Fay
Articulo Mortis
Devirgination Studies
Alone in the Morgue
Vicer Exciser
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation

Dirtfedd is next. They play the song Trained to Kill, but then realize that no one knows or cares about them. They proceed to chant, "Slayer!" for the remaining twenty six minutes of their set which drives the crowd to a near frenzy.

Trained to Kill

The Devil Wears Prada stayed up late preaching with I The Breather, but unfortunately woke up on time. The Devil Wears Prada's intro music plays (probably something dubstep) as they prepare to take the stage, but before they can play a note, the ground begins to tremble and quake. Up from the ground rises Satan himself. The Devil Wears Prada throw Bible after Bible at Satan, but this doesn't stop him from tearing their flesh from their bone and feasting upon their delicious innards. Satan decides to stick around for the rest of the show, because it's fuckin' Slayer.

Before Asking Alexandria takes the stage, Satan picks up Danny Worsnop and surgically removes (with hellfire) a dick lodged deep within his rectum which causes him to forget how to clean sing and do long division. Asking Alexandria take the stage and have a less annoying, clean singing-free set. Satan goes and gets some beer and nachos while they're on.

Alerion
Breathless
A Single Moment of Sincerity
A Candlelit Dinner with Inamorta
Morte et Dabo
Not the American Average
Nobody Don't Dance No More
I Was Once Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps a Cowboy King

Anthrax go on and play like never before, fueled by the circle pitting of the Prince of Darkness.

Earth on Hell
Among the Living
Judas Priest
Indians
Caught in a Mosh
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
Antisocial
Deathrider
Bring the Noise
Madhouse
Metal Thrashing Mad

As I Lay Dying got lost somewhere very mediocre on the way to the venue and decide to stay there.

Motorhead open the main stage and the place just explodes with energy. Satan is appeased.

Iron Fist
(We Are) The Road Crew
Orgasmatron
Hellraiser
Love Me Like a Reptile
The Chase is Better Than the Catch
No Class
I Got Mine
Killed By Death
Overkill
Ace of Spades

Slayer come on and play the entire Seasons in the Abyss album. (Because I'm still kicking myself for missing that in 2010) During Hell Awaits, Satan loses his shit and ends up eviscerating scores of "maggots". Then when they play South of Heaven he has a mosh-off with a fat, sweaty, drunk guy with a neckbeard.

War Ensemble
Blood Red
Spirit in Black
Expendable Youth
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
Skeletons of Society
Temptation
Born of Fire
Seasons in the Abyss
Psychopathy Red
Bloodline
Altar of Sacrifice
The Antichrist
Hell Awaits
Silent Scream
Disciple
Die By the Sword
Kill Again
Cult
South of Heaven
Angel of Death
Raining Blood

Slipknot comes on to close the night. After Spit it Out, Corey Taylor falls to the stage and is confirmed dead. Everybody turns to Satan. "Fuck you, guys! It wasn't me." Satan gets pissed, buys a Slayer shirt and beer koozie and leaves the venue. Apparently Corey Taylor's death was due to heart failure, which will later be linked to the Illuminati and the Summer Slaughter opener poll. Anders Colsefni, Slipknot's original vocalist, pushes his way to the front and hops on stage to finish the show off by playing Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat in its entirety.

(sic)
Left Behind
Eyeless
I Am Hated
My Plague
Spit it Out
Slipknot
Gently
Do Nothing/Bitchslap
Only One
Tattered and Torn
Confessions
Some Feel
Killers are Quiet

mastodon421 03-19-2012 10:25 AM

High on Fire:
Fury Whip
Cometh Down Hessian
Fertile Green
Silverback
Fire, Flood, Plague
Rumors of War

Whitechapel:
End of Flesh
Breeding Violence
Articulo Mortis
Posession
Father of Lies
Murder Sermon
Single File to Dehumanzation

The Devil Wears Prada:
Outnumbered
Hey John What's Your Name Again?
Constance (w/Tim Lambesis)
Escape
Modify The Pronunciation
Anatomy
Holdfast
The Scorpion Deathlock
Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over

As I Lay Dying:
The Plague
The Sound of Truth
The Darkest Nights
Without Conclusion
Anydone Sea
An Ocean Between Us
Empty Hearts
Condemned
Confined

Anthrax:
Earth on Hell
A.I.R
Medusa
Metal Thrashing Mad
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Indians
Gung-Ho
Among the Living

Asking Alexandria:
Who fucking cares

Motorhead:
Born to Lose
Love Me Like A Reptile
Iron Fist
(We) Are The Road Crew
No Class
Live to Win
Orgmasatron
Overkill
Ace of Spades

Slayer:
War Ensemble
Hell Awaits
Flesh Storm
Blood Red
Behind the Crooked Cross
Dead Skin Mask
Ghosts of War
Disciple
Chemical Warfare
Jesus Saves
Silent Scream
South of Heaven
Angel of Death
Raining Blood

Slipknot:
(sic)
The Blister Exists
Surfacing
The Heretic Anthem
This Cold Black
Eyeless
Dead Memories
Tattered and Torn
Wherein Lies Continue
Sulfur
Duality
People=Shit
Wait and Bleed
Spit It Out

goregutsbleed 03-20-2012 10:34 AM

Slipknot- i would like to see them live but ehh music
Slayer- Fuck yeah i saw them at mayhem 09 and the hell on earth tour with rob zombie
Motorhead- Ive been waiting to see them
Anthrax- love their music
The devil wears prada- are you serious
Asking Alexandria- are you serious
HIgh on Fire- ill watch them but not a big fan
As i lay dying- good but again not a big fan
Whitechapel- i only care for the somatic defilement album but not to much of a fan
Mayhem Festival did great with the main stage and getting Anthrax/whitechapel/high on fire/as i lay dying on the bill

2011 looked like it was good i didnt get to go

2010 was awsome i got to go then the bands there i didnt care for were atreyu/norma jean/chimaira/3 inches of blood the bands that were awsome there were hatebreed-head not to well for a while/winds of plague-some chick lifted her head and got me right in the nuts/in this moment/shadows fall/korn/FFDP/Lamb of God-bruised rips-Made out with this hot chick in the middle of the circle pit/Rob Zombie was beast

2009 fucking ruled i got to go also bullet for my valentine/killswitch engage/trivium/god forbid/whitechapel not a big fan but they are great-----All that remains/black dahlia murder/job for a cowboy/behemoth/cannibal corpse- fucking brutal mosh pits---- Slayer-Epic Mosh pit---Marilyn Manson-Great Music

2008- i didnt go but didnt seem to good the only bands that i like from 08 are suicide silence/36 crazyfist/machine head/walls of jericho/FFDP/slipknot/disturbed

Blacktooth85 03-20-2012 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=Noobsaibot;453917]The 2nd stage headliner on mayhem never got a longer set than 35-40 minutes[/QUOTE]

It was reported that Anthrax will get a "special" headlining slot on the Jager stage, meaning they'll get a longer set.

[url]http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168750[/url]

Noobsaibot 03-21-2012 02:29 PM

That's still 35-40 minutes, maybe 45 the most. Megadeth got 40 last year, Lamb of god got 30-35 the year before. etc etc

Sanitarium78 04-07-2012 06:20 AM

I garuntee this will be Anthrax's set:

Earth On Hell
Caught In A Mosh
Got The Time
Fight Em Til You Can't
Antisocial
Madhouse
The Devil You Know
Indians
Metal Thrashing Mad
I Am The Law

It might not be the exact order but these will be the songs they play. It's really sad how predictable they are.

christopher 04-07-2012 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=kalfitegrdan;453958]Slipknot comes on to close the night. After Spit it Out, Corey Taylor falls to the stage and is confirmed dead. Everybody turns to Satan. "Fuck you, guys! It wasn't me." Satan gets pissed, buys a Slayer shirt and beer koozie and leaves the venue. Apparently Corey Taylor's death was due to heart failure, which will later be linked to the Illuminati and the Summer Slaughter opener poll. Anders Colsefni, Slipknot's original vocalist, pushes his way to the front and hops on stage to finish the show off by playing Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat in its entirety.

(sic)
Left Behind
Eyeless
I Am Hated
My Plague
Spit it Out
Slipknot
Gently
Do Nothing/Bitchslap
Only One
Tattered and Torn
Confessions
Some Feel
Killers are Quiet[/QUOTE]

:lovedup:You are awesome!! MFKR is my favorite Slipknot release. If Corey was to be there for a bit, I would also love to hear him do Purity before he died ;)