WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Tel Aviv, Israel -- June 22nd, 2005 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=1987)

SirLardsAlot 06-22-2005 07:38 PM

Megadeth -- Tel Aviv, Israel -- June 22nd, 2005

According to VixenEmpress from the Maiden board, who was at the show in Tel Aviv, 5 songs into 'Deth's set, a baracade broke. The band took a break to so the baracade to be replaced/fixed/whatever, and after it was, the band never came back on stage and the cops had everyone leave.

To quote what she said:

[QUOTE]
The barrier broke after only 5 Megadeth songs so they stopped the show to fix it. 15 minutes later, no Dave, no concert. everything was called off. the cops kicked everyone out.... ....After Dave came off stage, security came up and told everyone to back off and clear the barrier area so they could fix it. No one would nudge, for obvious reasons. all I can say is that I was standing at the front and I wasn't going to let anyone take that spot after what I've been through, neither would anyone else. The security guys got real pissed at us and told us if we won't back away they will cancel the show. After many efforts, everyone backed 3 meters away - enough space to fix the barrier. They started putting the barrier together but at the same time we all saw how they're packing the drums and guitars.[/QUOTE]

The short set was:

Blackmail The Universe
Set the World Afire
Skin O' My Teeth
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour

That really sucks for anyone who was at the gig.

HECHO EN MEXICO 06-22-2005 07:41 PM

Tel Aviv IS NOT A SAFE PLACE TO BE.

hot_turkey_ed 06-22-2005 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=HECHO EN MEXICO]Tel Aviv IS NOT A SAFE PLACE TO BE.[/QUOTE]

Put a sock in it. It's a lot safer than Los Angeles.

:israel:

HECHO EN MEXICO 06-22-2005 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]Put a sock in it. It's a lot safer than Los Angeles.

:israel:[/QUOTE]THATS NICE BUT I DONT LIVE IN L.A.
:D

hot_turkey_ed 06-22-2005 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=SirLardsAlot]According to VixenEmpress from the Maiden board, who was at the show in Tel Aviv, 5 songs into 'Deth's set, a baracade broke. The band took a break to so the baracade to be replaced/fixed/whatever, and after it was, the band never came back on stage and the cops had everyone leave.

To quote what she said:

The short set was:

Blackmail The Universe
Set the World Afire
Skin O' My Teeth
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour

That really sucks for anyone who was at the gig.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what they're saying on the Megadeth board too... a few more details but not much more.

WorldSlavery82 06-22-2005 08:29 PM

if there is a brightside, at least no one had to put up with 'of mice and men'.
otherwise, too bad for those concert starved metalheads.

ADD 06-22-2005 08:44 PM

Man, I would be PISSED if I went to tat show awaiting a kickass gig after so long without any metal bands playing:(

hot_turkey_ed 06-22-2005 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=ADD]Man, I would be PISSED if I went to tat show awaiting a kickass gig after so long without any metal bands playing:([/QUOTE]

From I've read.. it's all about bad concert crush at the front.. yeah, I would be pissed and disappointed.. Megadeth has A LOT of fans in Israel... you know that.. I'm sure youv'e seen the Hebrew threads on the Megadeth boards.. How many forums really have those? :lol:

ADD 06-23-2005 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]From I've read.. it's all about bad concert crush at the front.. yeah, I would be pissed and disappointed.. Megadeth has A LOT of fans in Israel... you know that.. I'm sure youv'e seen the Hebrew threads on the Megadeth boards.. How many forums really have those? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they have a forum in about every language imaginable:lol:

Metalex 06-25-2005 03:01 AM

I hope they'll come back after gigantour to Israel. And maybe they will do another short european tour, that would be nice