WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Michael Schenker -- Allentown, PA -- March 11th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19827)

Maiden33 03-11-2012 09:01 PM

Michael Schenker -- Allentown, PA -- March 11th, 2012

Venue: Crocodile Rock Cafe - Allentown, PA

01 Into the Arena (Michael Schenker Group)
02 Armed and Ready (Michael Schenker Group)
03 Lovedrive (Scorpions)
04 Another Piece of Meat (Scorpions)
05 Lover's Simfony
06 Save Yourself (McAuley Schenker Group)
07 Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Michael Schenker Group)
08 Rock My Nights Away (Michael Schenker Group)
09 Shoot Shoot (UFO)
10 Love to Love (UFO)
11 Too Hot to Handle (UFO)
12 Let it Roll (UFO)
13 Natural Thing (UFO)
14 Lights Out (UFO)
Encore 1:
15 On and On (Michael Schenker Group)
16 Rock Bottom (UFO)
Encore 2:
17 Doctor Doctor (UFO)

Awesome show, Schenker really tore it up and Robin McAuley's voice sounded surprisingly great. Really fun night all in all.

dwils65 03-11-2012 09:19 PM

The show was awesome. We met Michael afterwards... What a colossal asshole. Words cannot describe what a toolbag he is. Robin was very nice and signed for everyone, hung out, he was a good guy. I have met tons of people backstage and after shows, nothing rivals what an ass hole Michael was. A shame because the show rocked.

Maiden33 03-11-2012 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=dwils65;452198]The show was awesome. We met Michael afterwards... What a colossal asshole. Words cannot describe what a toolbag he is. Robin was very nice and signed for everyone, hung out, he was a good guy. I have met tons of people backstage and after shows, nothing rivals what an ass hole Michael was. A shame because the show rocked.[/QUOTE]

I have heard this about Schenker before, so it doesn't surprise me. What's weird is that I know someone who met him two different times about 5+ years apart, and he said once he was a total asshole as you described, and the other time he was a really nice guy. I think Michael's got some issues going on, hence all the cancellations and self-exiling he's done over the years - he's a bit of an unpredictable enigma from what I've heard.

MetalIsArt 03-12-2012 01:22 AM

[QUOTE=dwils65;452198]The show was awesome. We met Michael afterwards... What a colossal asshole. Words cannot describe what a toolbag he is. Robin was very nice and signed for everyone, hung out, he was a good guy. I have met tons of people backstage and after shows, nothing rivals what an ass hole Michael was. A shame because the show rocked.[/QUOTE]

Imagine him not being an asshole and staying in UFO...

They would've been been much, MUCH bigger.

kulamram 03-12-2012 02:08 AM

michael signed single items for the fans by the bus after the show. altho he wasn't talkative, he was no asshole. an enigma, yes indeed...and this show did definitely ROCK!!!

MetalIsArt 03-12-2012 04:26 AM

[QUOTE=kulamram;452239]michael signed single items for the fans by the bus after the show. altho he wasn't talkative, he was no asshole. an enigma, yes indeed...and this show did definitely ROCK!!![/QUOTE]

Aha, the only "problem" was that he didn't say a word? Hm... :bliss:

dwils65 03-12-2012 04:55 AM

[QUOTE=kulamram;452239]michael signed single items for the fans by the bus after the show. altho he wasn't talkative, he was no asshole. an enigma, yes indeed...and this show did definitely ROCK!!![/QUOTE]

Wow, not sure what bus you were at. Michael came out, his handler said "one thing please guys" people lined up. he signed for two people then jumped in a waiting car. Not a word out of his mouth. We went back in the venue and were talking to Robin. About ten minutes later Michael comes back in the club, again not stopping, talking, or signing. He goes to stage left, picks up a guitar case and a travel bag, pushes a few people out of his way, mind you , there were about 12 people there. The venue has no backstage per se, so he exits the side of the venue into an alley. His rental car is outside, with a women in the passenger seat. He starts loading the trunk, as a couple random people are trying to talk to him. He does not even so much pick up his head let alone speak. It was comical watching him try to slam the trunk, only to keep discovering that he had too much stuff in it. He looked frantic. Someone said, "Michael do you want some help" to which he replied, and I quote " It would be helpful if you shut ze fuck up" At this point there were about 6 people there, and most had stopped trying to talk to him. Someone then said "Michael, maybe you should put the stuff in the back seat" He fumbles with his keys and finally opens the back door, gets in the car and drives off. Apparently this guy was one of the two who got an autograph, because it was bad enough that he didn't acknowledge anyone, but it was his overall demeanor that was troubling. I get that maybe people don't want to deal with crowds, but at any given point there was only a handful of people around him. It was not as if he was being mobbed. When I say colossal asshole, that is not an understatement. It was a shame. The show was great, and I would go again, but it was comical watching him afterwards. If the show comes near you go. He played great, and Robin's voice was great.

kulamram 03-12-2012 11:18 PM

as i said, i was standing by the bus. michael got on, then came out a few minutes later. i SAW him sign single items for about twenty fans. he then disappeared to the other side of the bus and i left. you obviously saw him later, as you described. his impolite behavior, while perhaps (and i give him wide latitude here!) understandable, is not surprising. i've seen him leave venues just the same way: a car, a woman and no conversation...not even a "shut ze fuck up!" he wasn't, however, impolite to me when he signed my booklet. did any of you get anything signed by michael?

it might be apples and oranges, but FAGrath from dimmu borgir was quite verbally abusive to my friends under similar circumstances. i lost all respect for him as a member of my species. what i witnessed was gratuitous personal abuse for which i will NOT reward an artist with any admiration until (haha...pipedream!) amends are made...

tenchimyo 03-16-2012 05:13 AM

That sucks about Schenker :/

but he's always been a bit of an....oddball even back to the UFO days (from what I hear).
Still a great player tho :/