WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Iced Earth -- New York, NY -- March 10th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19816)

camby118 03-10-2012 10:06 PM

Iced Earth -- New York, NY -- March 10th, 2012

Warbringer-

Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Treacherous Tongue
Future Ages Gone
Living In A Whirlwind
Combat Shock

Iced Earth

Dystopia
Angel's Holocaust
Slave to the Dark
V
Stand Alone
When the Night Falls
Dark City
Damien
Anthem
Declaration Day
Days of Rage
Watching Over Me
Dante's Inferno
Iced Earth

Symphony X setlist later. Show was incredible.

Maiden33 03-11-2012 12:13 AM

Symphony X setlist:

01 Iconoclast
02 End of Innocence
03 Dehumanized
04 Bastards of the Machine
05 Children of a Faceless God
06 When All is Lost
07 Electric Messiah
08 Inferno
09 Of Sins and Shadows
Encore:
10 Eve of Seduction
11 Serpent's Kiss
12 Set the World on Fire

Incredible show. Definitely better than the first time I caught the tour at Starland about a month ago - largely because of the venue, which I have to say, rules in pretty much every way. It's not often I find a venue I genuinely like, but that was my first time there and definitely won't be my last. The sound was excellent.

renegadeaven 03-11-2012 12:42 AM

I saw this tour in Salt Lake City, and the set lists were the same, except they played Anguish of Youth instead of Watching Over Me.

I couldn't help but wonder why Iced Earth didn't play Ten Thousand Strong. It's my favourite song of theirs and was my first time seeing them :(

maidenpriest 03-11-2012 12:45 AM

[QUOTE=renegadeaven;452003]I saw this tour in Salt Lake City, and the set lists were the same, except they played Anguish of Youth instead of Watching Over Me.

I couldn't help but wonder why Iced Earth didn't play Ten Thousand Strong. It's my favourite song of theirs and was my first time seeing them :([/QUOTE]

Cause I think its been on most tours since its been out. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a return in the next tour.

Sanitarium78 03-11-2012 05:04 AM

[QUOTE=renegadeaven;452003]I couldn't help but wonder why Iced Earth didn't play Ten Thousand Strong. It's my favourite song of theirs and was my first time seeing them :([/QUOTE]

I remember seeing it in one or two shows on this tour but that's it. I don't recall it being played last summer on Barlow's last tour with them either. I think it would make a good closing song. Anyhthing's better than closing with Iced Earth which isn't even that good of a song to begin with.

makethemsuffer12 03-11-2012 06:45 AM

I would've switched Declaration Day with Ten Thousand Strong, but oh well. All in all a killer show. Symphony X owned everyone. Blew away their show from last year. And I caught their drumstick. :D

SerpentineVIVIVI 03-11-2012 06:51 AM

Every single band was great last night. I loved Warbringer's slowed down breakdowns, I feel they worked well. Iced Earth and Symphony-X were great as expected, and all the new material translated very well live. All that could have been better was more Horror Show from Iced Earth and 'Heretic' from Symphony.

Maiden33 03-11-2012 07:09 AM

Pretty sure I met the girl of my dreams at this show last night and we had a great time together... just 2 problems... 1) I'm still in a relationship, and 2) I think she might be a lesbian, or at least bisexual. :eyes:

makethemsuffer12 03-11-2012 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;452025]Pretty sure I met the girl of my dreams at this show last night and we had a great time together... just 2 problems... 1) I'm still in a relationship, and 2) I think she might be a lesbian, or at least bisexual. :eyes:[/QUOTE]

Well, aint [I]that[/I] a sticky predicament.

Maiden33 03-11-2012 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;452026]Well, aint [I]that[/I] a sticky predicament.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just a very bizarre sort of coincidence thing. My friend and I drove into New Jersey and took the NJ Transit train from Summit, NJ to Penn Station... When we got into the train station a really cute girl says to my friend and I (both wearing Symphony X hoodies) "see you at the show!", and I was like, yeah, whatever that's cool. She was with a guy so I didn't know what to think. But as it turns out I did actually run into her at the show, I saw her a few times, and maybe I'm crazy but this girl kept smiling at me in a very flirtacious sort of way... So my friend and I sat during Iced Earth, but we walked around a little between bands and I said to him: "I'm going to try to find that girl and see what happens"... Long story short, the guy she was with was her little brother, who ended up meeting up with other people they knew at the show, so she was actually alone, and I was able to walk up to her down on the floor and start talking about 20 minutes before Symphony X came on. We ended up standing right next to eachother the whole set and had a really great time together, ended up talking after the show, walked back to the train together, ended up talking the whole train ride back... but the whole time I just got this weird vibe - She was very receptive to me obviously trying to flirt with her, but wasn't quite doing it back, which made me figure she either had a boyfriend, or, based on one or two comments she made, she may have been a lesbian. In the end we exchanged names and I added her on Facebook, but maybe I shouldn't have even done it. I swear some times I like to put myself in awkward situations.