WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Warbringer -- Atlanta, GA -- March 5th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19748)

larvtard 03-04-2012 08:47 PM

masterguy49 03-04-2012 08:50 PM

Yeah I saw them on Friday and they kicked complete ass! Iced Earth was amazing as well, regardless of the music I felt like they put on a good show. Oh well.

OraclesofAgony 03-05-2012 12:53 AM

[QUOTE=larvtard;450370]

[B]These guys would be absolutely phenomenal in a smaller venue[/B], though. Hope to see them play in an environment like that someday.
[/QUOTE]

I've seen them in a veeery small venue a couple times, and they were phenomenal. ;)

Crionics 03-05-2012 06:47 AM

Was the (don't know) "Jackal" or "Scorched Earth" by any chance?

Seventhzealot 03-05-2012 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=masterguy49;450371]Yeah I saw them on Friday and they kicked complete ass! Iced Earth was amazing as well, regardless of the music I felt like they put on a good show. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

There was no Symphony X on Friday either?

OraclesofAgony 03-06-2012 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=larvtard;450494]:eek: I thought you only listened to death metal?!
[/QUOTE]

Nah, I like the occasional thrash album every once in a while. :lol:

And Warbringer plays small venues in So Cal a lot. I saw them at this venue called the Metaphor Cafe twice. It's a really small venue, and they were awesome there both times. I've also seen them at the Whisky, and this one skating rink type venue about a half an hour from where I live. They were all headlining shows.

They're one of my favorite live bands.

masterguy49 03-06-2012 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Seventhzealot;450495]There was no Symphony X on Friday either?[/QUOTE]

No they were there. They played last.

Seventhzealot 03-06-2012 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=masterguy49;451006]No they were there. They played last.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. I gave this one a miss on Saturday :lol:

justinm4bama 03-07-2012 10:57 AM

I already have this set posted :tongue:

InFlamesOfBirchmen 03-07-2012 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=larvtard;450370]Since this has been one of their longer sets on the tour, I wanted to provide a set.

Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Jackal
Shoot to Kill
Demonic Ecstasy
Treacherous Tongue
Future Ages Gone :rocker::rocker:
Shattered Like Glass
Total War
Living In a Whirlwind
Combat Shock

They played about an hour in lieu of no Symphony X. This was at the upstairs stage of the Masquerade, aka "Heaven." I've said it before and I'll say it, the sound in Heaven sucks. Absolutely blows. This is because the Masquerade used to be a cotton mill so the acoustics are beyond horrible. I was wondering, why convert an old cotton mill into a music venue? Then it hit me. The good music venues, the one with actually superb sound, are the ones built specifically for that purpose. No doubt it's much cheaper to convert an old cotton mill into a music venue then to build one from scratch. (That still doesn't exactly explain why anyone would think it's a good idea to convert a cotton mill into a music venue. It couldn't have been that much cheaper than the other options?)

Anyways, onto the performance. Warbringer definitely know how to put on a good show - John Kevill, along with being the greatest thrash vocalist in existence, knows how to work a fuckin' crowd - but the sound completely ruined it for me. I honestly didn't enjoy the performance at all. Had I not had my earplugs in, they definitely would've been louder. But massive reverb does not work for me. My hearing already sucks in general, so I've come up with a new rule: No earplugs, no show.

These guys would be absolutely phenomenal in a smaller venue, though. Hope to see them play in an environment like that someday.

Iced Earth wasn't really my thing.[/QUOTE]

I've said it before, I'll say it again - The Masquerade is a pain in the ass as a venue. The sound is awful, and it always gets hot (people frequently faint in the summer). I wish there was a different venue for metal shows in Atlanta, but I guess its a pretty first-world problem to have.