WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Austin, TX -- March 3rd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19738)

LIVEtoROCK86 03-04-2012 01:06 AM

Megadeth -- Austin, TX -- March 3rd, 2012

Motorhead didn't perform because of Lemmy's being sick. Didn't catch Lacuna Coil or Volbeat, but Megadeth did great. I've seen them a few times, but this one occasion was special because it was the last night of their tour and this is my first metal concert in Austin. I moved here about 6 weeks ago, so Megadeth broke my metal concert cherry for Austin. Not half bad.

The sound was fairly solid. Dave Ellefson's bass actually sounded the best to me. Really present and full. Mustaine's vocals aren't the most consistent, but he sounded respectable and everyone was right there with him singing the songs. Here's the set, a little different than some past ones, so it was nice to hear a fresh approach:

Set The World Afire
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Trust
Angry Again >
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyway?)
A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) w/ Cristina Scabbia
Ashes In Your Mouth
Sweating Bullets
Head Crusher
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells (But Who's Buying)

E:
No Class (Motorhead Cover)
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

treghet 03-04-2012 01:11 AM

Set the World Afire and In My Darkest Hour? Much better! And it's good that both Hangar 18 and Wake Up Dead are in there. Probably the best set of the tour actually.

LIVEtoROCK86 03-04-2012 01:21 AM

Ya I was really impressed they opened with a different pair of songs. I would have liked to see Foreclosure Of a Dream, but getting to hear Set The World Afire and Wake Up Dead was sweet.

There was a moment in the concert where Shawn and Mustaine were debating what song to do next and you could see Shawn's lips saying "Reckoning Day" and then he also pointed to his teeth while trying to refer to "Skin O' My Teeth", but they just ended up doing Symphony. It was cool being upfront to see their communication on stage.

hellawaits77ny 03-04-2012 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;450140]Set the Word Afire and In My Darkest Hour? Much better! And it's good that both Hangar 18 and Wake Up Dead are in there. Probably the best set of the tour actually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably.

adamclark52 03-04-2012 08:00 AM

Really good set. Of the three songs they played on most of this tour from the new album [I]Public Enemy No. 1[/I] and [I]Whose Life (Is It Anyway?)[/I] were probably the better two. I didn't really like [I]Guns, Drugs & Money[/I].

Blacktooth85 03-04-2012 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=LIVEtoROCK86;450138]Motorhead didn't perform because of Lemmy's being sick. Didn't catch Lacuna Coil or Volbeat, but Megadeth did great. I've seen them a few times, but this one occasion was special because it was the last night of their tour and this is my first metal concert in Austin. I moved here about 6 weeks ago, so Megadeth broke my metal concert cherry for Austin. Not half bad.

The sound was fairly solid. Dave Ellefson's bass actually sounded the best to me. Really present and full. Mustaine's vocals aren't the most consistent, but he sounded respectable and everyone was right there with him singing the songs. Here's the set, a little different than some past ones, so it was nice to hear a fresh approach:

Set The World Afire
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Trust
Angry Again >
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyway?)
A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) w/ Cristina Scabbia
Ashes In Your Mouth
Sweating Bullets
Head Crusher
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells (But Who's Buying)

E:
No Class (Motorhead Cover)
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due[/QUOTE]

Nice! Maybe Dave is listening to the fans about his setlists. Good to see Set the World Afire as the opener instead of Trust... My only complaint is the songs from the new album he's been playing. Those are probably my least 2 favorites from that album, and that's all they've been playing. I'm in the minority that likes Guns, Drugs, and Money.. i see it's dropped here... but drop all those and throw in Sudden Death, Never Dead, New World Order, Fast Lane, etc...

Sepultura69 03-04-2012 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;450150]Yeah, [B]probably[/B].[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Sanitarium78 03-04-2012 03:06 PM

Now those three songs are how you open a show:rocker:

Too bad it took Dave almost a year to realise that though.

velvetgrass 03-04-2012 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=Blacktooth85;450294]I'm in the minority that likes Guns, Drugs, and Money.. i see it's dropped here... but drop all those and throw in Sudden Death, Never Dead, New World Order, Fast Lane, etc...[/QUOTE]

Yeah Guns, Drugs, & Money is my favorite out of three songs they have been performing off the new album as well. Personally, regarding performances of the new songs, I would keep Public Enemy No. 1 (because it's the single, they kinda have to perform it), and Guns, Drugs, & Money. I would drop "Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)" and an older song for "Sudden Death" and Black Swan"