WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Carcass -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 8th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19732)

adamclark52 03-03-2012 04:09 PM

Carcass -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 8th, 2008

Carcass
Support: Suffocation, 1349, Aborted, Rotten Sound
Date: September 8th, 2008
Venue: the Opera House in Toronto, Ontario

I’ve been finding a lot of setlists from shows I’ve been to on the past so I decided to post them. Some of them are with the help of setlist.fm, but these aren’t just me ripping setlists and posting them (that would be too easy). These are all shows I’ve been to and have stories to tell.

This was probably the best concert I’ve been to as a whole. I saw Arch Enemy opening for Machine Head a year earlier and all I could think about while watching Micheal Amott during their set was how much better Carcass was and how much I missed them. So needless to say I was pretty happy when they got back together and even happier when they announced a Toronto date.

I got to the venue early enough to catch every band. Rotten Sound and Aborted I was not familiar with but I loved both of their sets; Rotten Sound probably more just because they were a little grittier than Aborted. 1349 were sort of the odd-band-out on this tour. You had three pretty brutal death metal bands, a melodic death metal band and a black metal band. I didn’t really enjoy them very much but I really loved their stage setup and the ambient music they played in-between every song (a precursor to Revelations of the Black Flame and Demonoir’s sequencing). I don't know enough of any of the bands to post sets from them.

I’ll admit that before this show I had only just heard about Suffocation. I didn’t even realize that the guys doing the soundcheck were in the band. But they floored me from the first second they started and I’ve become a pretty big fan ever since. I loved that they didn’t even exit the stage after the soundcheck to make a dramatic entrance. They just let feedback scream through their amps and Frank came on, said “are you ready, are you ready, are you ready, are you ready” to the other four guys and they burst into [I]Liege of Inveracity[/I]. So cool. If you ever have the chance to see Suffocation do not pass it up. I’m not the biggest fan of their last three albums, mostly because of the vocals, but Frank goes with a gruffer delivery live and they’re just awesome. He’s a great frontman too.

[U]Suffocation[/U]
1. Liege of Inveracity 

2. Pierced From Within 

3. Thrones of Blood 

4. Mental Hemorrhage
5. Abomination Reborn 

6. Entrails of You 

7. Brood of Hatred 

8. Bind Torture Kill

I couldn’t believe after that set that there was still one more band to go. I was worried up to the show how Jeff Walkers vocals had held up over the years and if he could even pull off that rather unique sound live. But my worries were abated with the first song. He sounded awesome. They played really everything I wanted to hear by them. There was not a bad thing to say about this show except Bill Steer and Mike Amotts vocals in the chorus of [I]No Love Lost[/I] sounded bad and [I]Heartwork[/I] as a closer. [I]No Love Lost[/I] works better as a closer. But five bands, all great in their own ways. Just a fucking awesome concert, I wish I got to go to more shows of this calibur.

[U]Carcass[/U]
1. Inpropagation 

2. Buried Dreams 

3. Corporal Jigsore Quandary 

4. Carnal Forge 

5. Incarnated Solvent Abuse 

6. No Love Lost 

7. This Mortal Coil 

8. Embodiment 

9. Reek of Putrefaction 

10. Keep On Rotting In The Free World 

11. Genital Grinder 

12. Pyosisified (Rotten to the Gore) 

13. Death Certificate 

14. Exhume to Consume 

15. Heartwork

elturtleboy 03-03-2012 04:50 PM

Wow! That line up is nuts

bigguytoo9 03-03-2012 04:57 PM

I saw this tour SANS Rotten Sound :( in Vancouver.

Aborted were pretty crazy.. all the Goremageddon stuff ripped. Wasnt digging the newer material (at the time) live though.
1349 was OK, a bit sloppy. I think Tony Laureno (sp?) was on drums instead of Frost and he was pretty drunk from the sound of it. Very sloppy.

SUFFOCATION came on and blew my fucking mind. Opening with Leige Of Inveracity is something you cant forget. Dont think ive seen many Metal bands with a sound as punishing as Suffocation were that night.

Carcass.... what else needs to be said. IMPROPOGATION as the opening track?!?!?! Yes please, the rest of the set was godly as well. I was standing right infront of Walker/Steer the entire concert. Hearing Bill Steer on vocals is something to behold for sure.

Daniel on drums (arch enemy) replacing Ken Owen on this tour was a decent pick. His blast beats we're a bit slower then Ken played on the album but it didnt hurt the performance at all.

I also picked up a:

Carcass: Exhumed To Consume tour shirt w/ Band pic and the other bands logo's on it as well plus Dates on the back

SYMPHONIES of SICKNESS t-shirt w/ all the gore on it and dates on the back

NECROTICISIM t-shirt w/ album art and dates on the back

Suffocation: PIERCED FROM WITHIN shirt w/ Album art on the front and green Suffocation logo on the back bottom of the shirt.

for all those who missed this, YOU MISSED OUT!!!!!!! ;)

treghet 03-03-2012 08:09 PM

I hope Carcass tours again one day. And plays some more off of [I]Reek of Putrefaction[/I].

hellawaits77ny 03-03-2012 08:37 PM

Awesome lineup

OraclesofAgony 03-03-2012 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;450014]I hope Carcass tours again one day. And plays some more off of [I]Reek of Putrefaction[/I].[/QUOTE]

I want to see Carcass sooooo bad.

Sepultura69 03-03-2012 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;450014]I hope Carcass tours again one day. And plays some more off of [I]Reek of Putrefaction[/I].[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. I remember at the california metal fest they said something about how they wouldn't be coming back to play in the U.S for a really reaaallllly long time. I'm pretty certain for awhile is probably never. I can't really see Carcass coming back to the states, sadly.

But hey at least we were lucky enough to see them in 2009! A concert that I will for ever hold dearly and cherish to this very moment. Carcass is up there as one of the most important acts that i got to see in my days of Goin in and out of metal shows. :tongue: :rocker:

OraclesofAgony 03-04-2012 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=Wizard in Black 666;450087]I doubt it. I remember at the california metal fest they said something about how they wouldn't be coming back to play in the U.S for a really reaaallllly long time. I'm pretty certain for awhile is probably never. I can't really see Carcass coming back to the states, sadly.

But hey at least we were lucky enough to see them in 2009! A concert that I will for ever hold dearly and cherish to this very moment. Carcass is up there as one of the most important acts that i got to see in my days of Goin in and out of metal shows. :tongue: :rocker:[/QUOTE]

I should've been there.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Sepultura69 03-04-2012 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=srm90;450096]I should've been there.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:[/QUOTE]

Did I mention I got to see them for free. :D

One of our very good friends at the time was working at some local rock/metal store that sadly closed down about a year ago or so. Anyways, His work gave him a bunch of free Promotional wrist bands for California Metal Fest 2009 and he took me and bunch of our friends. We had a blast! Just hanging out, moshing, going from stage one to stage two, two back to one, ect. The Best part about the show next to carcass was getting introduced to the punishing brutal sound that is SUFFOCATION. I had no idea who the fuck they were until this festival but after that night I left a believer and they were easily the 2nd band of the night(next to carcass) to blow me the fuck away. Like no joke, BLOW ME THE FUCK AWAY. And they had the most brutal pit out of all the bands too. It's a shame because I love suffocation so much now and I still have not seen them since that show back in 2009. :(

christopher 03-04-2012 02:13 AM

Yeah, at the California Metalfest, Jeff said that was the last show Carcass will ever play in the states. They also hate Reek, so they've never played more than two songs in the past 20 years.