WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- February 28th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19698)

DisposableJustice 02-28-2012 10:26 PM

Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- February 28th, 2012

Gigantour 2012
Megadeth Motorhead Volbeat Lacuna Coil
Filmore Auditorium Denver, CO
February 28th, 2012

Good show; my friend and I arrived just in time for Voltbeat so we missed Launca Coil; Volbeat was pretty good I don't know their songs but I would guess their setlist is the same as on the tour; They did tease Ace of Spades a few times since Motorhead did not play

EDIT Setlist of Setlist.fm; I swear they did a Johnny Cash cover

A Warrior's Call
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
The Human Instrument
Sad Man's Tongue
Hallelujah Goat
Who They Are
Fallen
The Mirror and the Ripper
I Only Want to Be with You
Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza
Still Counting
Ace of Spades
Raining Blood

Megadeth came on around 9:15 and kicked ass as they always have. Dave's vocals weren't always top notch but that is been pretty common from my experiences. I was hoping with Motorhead out they would play a longer set then they have but they did not

Setlist

Trust
Foreclosure Of A Dream:rocker:
Hangar 18:rocker:
Reckoning Day:rocker:
Sweating Bullets
She-Wolf
Poison Was The Cure
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs & Money
No Class (Motörhead cover)
Ashes In Your Mouth
A Tout Le Monde (with Cristina Scabbia)
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

Highlights were Foreclosure, Reckoning Day and the closers. I knew they did a cover for Motorhead but I had no clue what it was not just that I don't have a lot of experience listening to Motorhead but I could not understand what the fuck Dave was singing

Overall the show was a lot of fun. The big downer of course was Motorhead not playing but it did not stop anyone from coming from what I could tell the Filmore was 98% full and I had fun. Plus with Motorhead playing the Mayhem Festival I will get to see them; One note from the show after Who's Life Dave got pissed off at someone and the band walked off stage; turns out a security guard was being abusive to a female fan. Dave come out with his own detail and had them throw the dick out; Goes to show Dave cares about his fans

If anyone has the Voltbeat and Lacuna Coil setlists post them and I will add them to this post and credit you

Lacuna Coil- N/A
Volbeat 7/10
Motorhead- N/A :(
Megadeth 9.5/10

Onioner 02-28-2012 11:06 PM

Huh, looks you did get a slightly longer set though. No Class and Reckoning Day bring the usual 14 songs up to 16. Still too short though!

DisposableJustice 02-28-2012 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;448939]Huh, looks you did get a slightly longer set though. No Class and Reckoning Day bring the usual 14 songs up to 16. Still too short though![/QUOTE]

Yea I was hoping more like 18-20 songs; We were done around 10:50 which is fucking early for a metal show to get out; if Motorhead did play I bet the show would be over closer to 11:30

Onioner 02-28-2012 11:52 PM

[QUOTE=DisposableJustice;448940]Yea I was hoping more like 18-20 songs; We were done around 10:50 which is fucking early for a metal show to get out; if Motorhead did play I bet the show would be over closer to 11:30[/QUOTE]

10:50- so you got a 95 minute set then? 19 songs used to be 90 minutes for Megadeth, when did 16 songs including a 90 second interlude become a full set for the band?

IrritatedTrout 02-29-2012 05:38 AM

Reckoning Day and No Class are pretty awesome.

JRA 02-29-2012 07:38 AM

I'd pay to see Megadeth do No Class.

MetalJ 02-29-2012 08:15 AM

When they played played 'No Class' Dave dedicated it to the security guard that was thrown out. I was really hoping for 'Angry Again' with the slightly expanded set but 'Reckoning Day' was a very nice surprise.

The Ghost at Number One 02-29-2012 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=DisposableJustice;448935]I swear they did a Johnny Cash cover[/QUOTE]They don't do a Johnny Cash cover, but Poulsen typically talks about him right before Sad Man's Tongue.

noahj 02-29-2012 10:19 AM

First off ill apologize for being pissed at Lemmy for his no show.

Secondly Lacuna Coil was god awful. I actually think some of their stuff is OK, but they were terrible.

Volbeat kicked major ass. Enough said.

Third, big props for Dave walking off the stage and taking care of the fans. Dave gets alot of shit, including by me. But he was great last night. Awesome show.

The Ghost at Number One 02-29-2012 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=noahj;449066]Third, big props for Dave walking off the stage and taking care of the fans. Dave gets alot of shit, including by me. But he was great last night. Awesome show.[/QUOTE]While that definitely was a cool action by Dave, as great as he may have been, in my opinion, he could've been greater. Being that he had more than a handful of fans that were disappointed at the absence of Motorhead, he should've done the right thing and played a longer show (and allowed both of the other bands longer sets as well). Throwing a Motorhead cover into the set, while cool, just isn't enough. The Megadeth catalog is expansive, to say the least, and I think he should've played at least four or 5 more songs.

Does he really care about the fans? I'm not always so sure. He's an enigma, that Mustaine.