WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Orgy -- Las Vegas, NV -- February 19th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19615)

sleepstalking 02-20-2012 11:47 PM

Orgy -- Las Vegas, NV -- February 19th, 2012

[U]SETLIST:[/U]
Suckerface
Vague
Chasing Sirens
Fiction (Dreams In Digital)
Eva :D
Opticon
Revival
Blue Monday/You Spin Me Right 'Round
Stitches

@The Aruba Hotel & Spa

I wasn't sure if I was going to make this show or not since I usually work until about 11:15, but I got off 15 minutes early and totally caught the entire show, save for the first song. I went with two friends of mine, and the last time we had all gone to a concert together was actually when Orgy played the House of Blues Las Vegas in 2004 on the Punk Statik Paranoia tour. It was a nice little reunion of sorts :bliss:

In any case, we had a great time at the show. We went into it fully expecting something completely different from the last time we had seen them since vocalist Jay Gordon is now the only original member. The lineup is rounded out by Carlton Bost & Ashburn from Deadsy, Jamie Miller from theSTART and a guy named Nic on bass.

Jay's voice sounded decent, although not as great as it has in past years. He forgot part of the lyrics to "Fetisha," and would frequently put his microphone in the crowd for the people up front to sing. The band sounded solid, but nothing like the original guys. Carlton and Ashburn are a mean guitar team, but they must not use the same guitar effects and processing as Ryan and Amir because some of the songs sounded very different in tone. The drums also lacked the electronic feel that Bobby brought to the group.

The only really lame part about the show was that one of the girls in the audience pepper-sprayed another person in the crowd, and since this was a 200-300 person venue max with only about 100 people in it...the spray dispersed QUICKLY. Everyone was coughing and wheezing by the end of the set and it really sucked.

Other than that, AWESOME. Go check out the new line-up with an open mind. I would be lying though if I said I still wasn't interested in a reunion of the classic line-up.

mankvill 02-21-2012 12:05 AM

oh wow, this band is still a thing? Hahaha, fuck I remember jamming out their cover of Blue Monday all the time in 4th grade. Awesome!

sleepstalking 02-21-2012 12:13 AM

The lead singer literally JUST started touring under the name Orgy again this year after a 7-year hiatus. :blaze:

MrSelfDestruct 02-21-2012 04:51 AM

Thanks for the review. I'm seeing these guys in a few weeks in Dallas and was wondering what it would be like. Even though I was a pretty big fan of them back when they first came out, never got the chance to see the original lineup live. If Julien-K would now come to Dallas I can at least say I've seen most of the original band members..

DementedX14 02-21-2012 09:21 AM

I can't wait to see them this Friday and hope they add more songs than the ones listed. Also good review.

bobbie solo 02-21-2012 08:25 PM

read up on the backstory on how this came together... alot of drama. Jay doesn't come off looking too good. the other members wanted to be involved, but it sounds like Jay was trying to take more of the nightly purse or something, and they couldnt come to an agreement. so now he's just going out with a bunch of scabs. im not some huge Orgy fan or anything, but this reeks of a really shitty moneygrab & i dont think people should support stuff like that.