Megadeth -- Chicago, IL -- February 10th, 2012
Tour: Gigantour 2012
Support: Motorhead, Volbeat, Lacuna Coil
Venue: Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL
Date: February 10th, 2012
Motorhead Set List (Partial):
The One to Sing the Blues (w/Drum Solo)
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
They probably played the same set list, but I know they played these songs and at least 3 or 4 more.
Set Time: 8.15-9.00
Bass: Lemmy Kilmister
Guitar: Phil Campbell
Drums: Mikkey Dee
Megadeth Set List:
02. Wake Up Dead
03. Hangar 18
04. She Wolf
05. Foreclosure Of A Dream
06. Dawn Patrol
07. Poison Was The Cure
09. A Tout Le Monde (with Cristina Scabbia)
10. Public Enemy No. 1
11. Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
12. Guns, Drugs & Money
13. Symphony of Destruction
14. Peace Sells (Vic)
15. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Set Time: 9.35-10.50
Guitar/Vocals: Dave Mustaine
Guitar: Chris Broderick
Bass: David Ellefson
Drums: Shawn Drover
- I made it to the rail before Motorhead started. There was a pretty serious crush throughout Motorhead and Megadeth. There were also a lot of crowd surfers. One guy put his arm around my neck from behind and tried to pull me off the rail. I had to "convince" him that it would be wise to move on. It was a rowdy crowd. I went home with several bruises.
- Lacuna Coil were pretty good but just not what I would want as an opener on a thrash show. Cristina sounded great and has an excellent voice.
- Volbeat was better than expected. They were fairly heavy and energetic. They played a Johnny Cash cover, which the crowd seemed to love.
- Motorhead was Motorhead. They played rock and roll.
- Megadeth was great as usual. Opening with Trust seems like a bad choice on paper, but it was cool live. The drum beat starts out and the intro part plays while the curtain is still covering the stage and it drops when the guitars kick in on the main riff. It was also cool to hear Foreclosure Of A Dream. Dave played the dual-neck Flying-V on both Foreclosure and Trust. The new songs sounded great and I hope they do a full headlining tour in support of Thirteen. Great show overall.
I agree it was a good show and also was surprised that Volbeat was better than I expected.
Lacuna Coil put on a good acoustic show at the Cobra Lounge that night after the show. I believe they played 6 acoustic songs and sounded great to a full house.
Aw, man. I wanted to go to this so bad and was planning to all week. I ended up being sick as fuck on Friday and not being able to though.
I want to see Megadeth again so I hope they do another tour for Thirteen, preferably one with a longer set.
[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;443668]I want to see Megadeth again so I hope they do another tour for Thirteen, preferably one with a longer set.[/QUOTE]
They're booked in Europe for most of the summer which isn't a surprise. I'm guessing if they do another tour here it won't be until the fall. I'm worried about Mustaine's health though. Since Endgame came out they haven't really had an extended break from touring. I just hope he didn't hit the road to soon after his surgery last summer and he's healed up properly.
Now if they'd just swap out She Wolf with Angry Again, I'd be perfectly happy with this set.
[QUOTE=dimmudan;443657]I agree it was a good show and also was surprised that Volbeat was better than I expected.
[B]Lacuna Coil put on a good acoustic show at the Cobra Lounge that night after the show.[/B] I believe they played 6 acoustic songs and sounded great to a full house.[/QUOTE]
That'd be awsome. Too bad Cobra Lounge is 21+.
Really wanted to go but I thought tickets were too expensive. Could of gotten two tickets to Motorhead last time they played Chicago for $25.00, Lacuna Coil I'd rather see in a small venue, LOVE Volbeat but I'll wait for another headlining tour, and just not a huge Megadeth fan.
Megadeth's set lists and stage time on this tour are making it harder to justify $40 tickets for this.
Awww, fuck! They played Headcrusher?! Wish I wouldn't have been sick. That's the only song from the last two albums that I really wanted to see.
Poison Was The Cure! :party:
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:41 AM.|
Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008