WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Machine Head -- Atlanta, GA -- February 9th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19507)

justinm4bama 02-10-2012 05:18 AM

Machine Head -- Atlanta, GA -- February 9th, 2012

Darkest Hour:

1) The World Engulfed in Flames
2) No God
3) Savor the Kill
4) With a Thousand Words to Say but One
5) Violent by Nature
6) Love as a Weapon
7) Your Everyday Disaster
8) Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End)

Suicide Silence:

1) You Only Live Once
2) Wake Up
3) Unanswered
4) O.C.D.
5) Bludgeoned to Death
6) Slaves to Substance
7) Lifted
8) Smoke
9) Disengage
10) Fuck Everything
11) No Pity for a Coward

Machine Head:

1) I Am Hell (Sonata in C#) :rocker:
2) Be Still and Know :rocker:
3) Imperium :rocker:
4) Beautiful Mourning
5) The Blood, the Sweat, the Tears
6) Locust :rocker:
7) This Is the End
8) Aesthetics of Hate
9) Old
10) Darkness Within :rocker::rocker::rocker:
11) Declaration @Tape
12) Bulldozer
13) Ten Ton Hammer
14) Who We Are :rocker:

15) Halo :rocker:
16) Davidian :rocker:

My friends and I arrived at the venue hours before doors opened, and were the first in line when they finally let us in at 6. Got front row center, and Darkest Hour began the show 5 minutes early at 6:55. I've only seen this band once and that was at Summer Slaughter this past summer. When I saw them I was in the back (went to the back after Six Feet Under), and I didn't get a good feel for the band. This time, I was right up front and damn they were actually pretty good, especially their more melodic stuff. Personally, I thought they should have been over Suicide Silence as far the sound and all that goes, but Suicide has a much larger fan base so of course that's not going to happen.

This was my 3rd time seeing Suicide, and honestly, I'm not that impressed. I've gave this band a million chances, and there are only a few songs that really stand out to me (Wake Up and No Pity). Everything else just all sounded the same to me, but to each is their own. I was expecting a push pit the whole time with a lot of crowd surfers (being up front I hate crowd surfers haha), but it wasn't too bad.

Machine Head got on stage, and wow they blew everybody away. Probably one of the best club shows I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. It was just one of those shows that the whole audience connected with the band which made every song great. Even the songs from the earlier albums that most people don't like got a great reaction from the fans. During the set I was trying to spot a missed note or something a little off, and I swear I couldn't find a single missed note the whole night! After the show a lot of us waited outside, and as always the band was real easy to meet and were all very nice.

I'm not saying who but a little birdy told me that Machine Head and Opeth are as of now confirmed on Barge to Hell cruise :)

AnataFan4Life 02-10-2012 06:25 AM

Thought about going to this, but I decided to save up my money for the barrage of upcoming spring tours. That is a pretty damn spiffy Machine Head set though.

justinm4bama 02-10-2012 09:03 AM

You missed a good show, but your right about all the upcoming shows man. I think I have 15 in April and May together haha.