WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Oshawa, Ontario -- February 7th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19487)

adamclark52 02-07-2012 07:56 PM

Megadeth -- Oshawa, Ontario -- February 7th, 2012

Gigantour 2012
Featuring: Megadeth, Motorhead, Volbeat, Lacuna Coil
Venue: GM Center in Oshawa, Ontario

I wasn't going to go to this show; I've seen Megadeth a couple times and always enjoy them and I've wanted to see Motorhead for awhile now. I work nights and had this been in Toronto I wouldn't have gone. But the fact that it was in Oshawa, Ontario where I was born and about fifteen minutes away from where I live now I just had to go. Oshawa is a small, depressing town (it's like Canada's Detroit) so the fact that Megadeth was bringing Gigantour to this town I just knew I couldn't miss it.

I'm not a fan of Volbeat or Lacuna Coil at all so I figured I'd put my son to bed and get to the show at around 8pm and maybe miss one of them. Instead; I missed both of them and Motorhead was already on stage. I met up with some friends who I hadn't seen since highschool (which was 1998 for me), grabbed a beer and enjoyed Motorheads set. I don't know their material enough to post a set but I know the last three songs were [I]Killed By Death, Ace of Spades[/I] and [I]Overkill[/I], so it's probably a safe bet that they and the other two bands played the same sets posted here earlier. Motorhead sounded great, that's all I can really say about that. The GM Center is a mid-sized venue, probably 5000, and I think I'd have rather seen them in a smaller venue.

Megadeth hit the stage early, around 9:30, and played pretty much the same set as posted by otheres on this site, only swapping out [I]Angry Again, She Wolf[/I] and [I]Sweating Bullets[/I] for [I]In My Darkets Hour, Skin O' My Teeth[/I] and [I]Forclosure of a Dream[/I]. Nothing to get really excited about, I'd rather they kept [I]Angry Again[/I] in the set, I actually enjoy that song. The highlights were [I]Wake Up Dead, Hanger 18, Whose Life (Is it Anyways?)[/I] and [I]Holy Wars...the Punishment Due[/I]. As a whole the band sounded pretty good; Chris Broadrick and Mustaine are still beasts on the guitar and GM Center isn't the worst place to see a show.

I can complain about the short, unchanging setlist all day but it was what it was. I think with a concert like this, where you know not to expect anything too special, you do what my Cousin did; get drunk out of your mind and just enjoy yourself. I do feel ripped off paying $75 and missing a night of work (which will end up costing me another $250), but that's no ones fault but my own. I can't say if I'll ever see Megadeth again, since like I said I only went to this show since it was in my hometown, but I would like to see Motorhead again if the oppertunity arises.

[U]Megadeth's Set-List:[/U]
1. Trust
2. Wake Up Dead
3. In My Darkest Hour
4. Hanger 18
5. Skin O' My Teeth
6. Forclosure of a Dream
7. Dawn Patrol
8. A Tout Le Monde w/Christina Scabbia
9. Public Enemy No. 1
10. Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
11. Guns, Drugs & Money
12. Symphony of Destruction
13. Peace Sells
Encore
14. Holy Wars...the Punishment Due

hellawaits77ny 02-07-2012 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;442124]I can complain about the short, unchanging setlist all day but it was what it was. I think with a concert like this, where you know not to expect anything too special, you do what my Cousin did; get drunk out of your mind and just enjoy yourself. I do feel ripped off paying $75 and missing a night of work (which will end up costing me another $250), but that's no ones fault but my own. I can't say if I'll ever see Megadeth again, since like I said I only went to this show since it was in my hometown, but I would like to see Motorhead again if the oppertunity arises.

[/QUOTE]

Cool review, man.

I think you put it into perspective very well. I'm one of the worst bitchers about unchanging setlists, but you're right - it is what it is. It does suck to miss work, but like you said : you can't say if you'll have the chance again.

Christen 02-07-2012 08:14 PM

Thanks for the review. Going to this on next Thursday. I still wish they'd keep in Poison Was The Cure though.

JRA 02-07-2012 08:33 PM

Foreclosure of a Dream. That's kinda cool.

Sanitarium78 02-08-2012 04:17 AM

Wow, I don't think Foreclosure has been played in at least a decade or more. Maybe Dave is getting bored with the set and some more rarities might pop up.

Jochen 02-08-2012 05:45 AM

Wow, Foreclosure of a Dream is a nice surprise. I never expected that. It almost makes up for Angry Again being dropped.

Maidenmagic 02-08-2012 05:46 AM

Although Foreclosure of a dream is not one of my favorites, Dave gets points for not being predictable.

adamclark52 02-08-2012 09:05 AM

He (Dave Mustaine) said before playing [I]Forclosure of a Dream[/I] that it was a song they haven't played in 15 years.

DisposableJustice 02-08-2012 09:13 AM

Good review

Foreclosure I think is one of their most underrated songs and I'm hoping they play it in Denver

IrritatedTrout 02-08-2012 09:31 AM

Sweet that they added Foreclosure in there.