WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tool -- Hampton, VA -- February 3rd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19468)

IrritatedTrout 02-06-2012 07:21 AM

Tool -- Hampton, VA -- February 3rd, 2012

My first time seeing Tool, great show all around. The visuals were fantastic and the band was tight. Maynard sounded really, really good too. I was hoping they'd do Parabola like they have at some shows where they played Sober but they didn't. My first time at the venue and I thought it was awesome, it's actually the last venue Cliff Burton ever played in the U.S. Merch was expensive but I got a cool Hampton event shirt with a scissor fish on it. They had a giant signed poster from Texas that they were selling for $2000.:lol:

1. Hooker With a Penis :rocker:
2. Jambi
3. Stinkfist
4. Pushit
5. Sober
6. Schism
7. Intension :stoned:
8. Forty-Six & 2 :drool:
9. Lateralus
10. Ænema

They jammed a lot and that was fun, Danny's solo was amazing. I will definitely go see them again when they play near me.

Oh, and YOB wasn't offensively bad but they were boring as hell.

Crionics 02-06-2012 10:26 AM

Was it the Hampton Coliseum?

IrritatedTrout 02-06-2012 11:50 AM

Yep, really cool place. I've lived near it for the vast majority of my life and this is the first time I've caught a show there. I saw the recent Kiss and Slayer/Megadeth tours in DC and Baltimore instead because of school.

Crionics 02-06-2012 12:27 PM

Ah, I've only been there once for Slayer/Megadeth, but I loved the venue and was on the rail. Best "big" venue I've been to.

Magson13 02-06-2012 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Crionics;441515]Ah, I've only been there once for Slayer/Megadeth, but I loved the venue and was on the rail. Best "big" venue I've been to.[/QUOTE]

I was on the rail for that show as well.

I passed on Tool, because I don't care for them....

The Coliseum is a nice venue. But getting out of the parking lot is worse than the amphihteatre >:[

Dunno if y'all heard, but the Lunatic Luau is coming back this year. May 4th at the amphitheatre, lineup is being announced February 27th

IrritatedTrout 02-06-2012 02:57 PM

Really? We must have had a good spot because me and my buddy got out in like two minutes.:lol:

InFlamesOfBirchmen 02-06-2012 03:02 PM

Great review! I'm hitting up the Atlanta date on Wednesday. Since we're the last show, I'm hoping they'll break out Parabol/Parabola one last time. I'm also a bit bummed that Ticks and Leeches is out of the set, though I am excited to see Sober live.

Magson13 02-06-2012 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;441569]Really? We must have had a good spot because me and my buddy got out in like two minutes.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Both times I've been there, it took me an hour to get out of there. Of course, I always get there an hour before doors, so I'm always on the inside of the lot /:

christopher 02-06-2012 10:14 PM

I wish Tool would just add a Los Angeles date at some point...