WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   INSIDIOUS Sequel in the Works (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19438)

Epidemic Reign 02-02-2012 11:46 PM

INSIDIOUS Sequel in the Works

Press release [URL="http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/52286/james-wan-and-leigh-whannell-back-insidious-sequel"]here[/URL].

I don't know how you guys felt about Insidious, but I thought it was incredibly well done and it hearkened back to the days when great horror films were not so few and far between. I thoroughly regret not seeing it before the DVD release.

Crafting a worthy sequel shouldn't be a simple task. Hopefully they don't blow it...

brutal_descent 02-03-2012 03:52 AM

Hopefully Darth Maul is in this one as well ;)

Epidemic Reign 02-03-2012 04:48 AM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;440627]Hopefully Darth Maul is in this one as well ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: No shit, right?

BloodoftheKings 02-03-2012 04:52 AM

:barf:

Me and my cousins watched the first movie when it came out on dvd. We all hated it. Anyone else notice that it was pretty much a rip off of Nightmare on Elm Street part 3? They even had a villain that was similar to Freddy.

Epidemic Reign 02-03-2012 04:56 AM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;440636]:barf:[/QUOTE]

:hmm:

brutal_descent 02-03-2012 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;440636]:barf:

Me and my cousins watched the first movie when it came out on dvd. We all hated it. Anyone else notice that it was pretty much a rip off of Nightmare on Elm Street part 3? They even had a villain that was similar to Freddy.[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way: the first part of the movie (everything up to the dad finding out he has to travel into the dream world) was actually somewhat freaky, especially with the wife sighting the demons inside her house all the time. That was fuckin' trippy. Everything after, however, was plain ridiculous. To be honest, though, that ending was DEFINITELY not expected.

Epidemic Reign 02-03-2012 04:59 AM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;440636]:barf:

Me and my cousins watched the first movie when it came out on dvd. We all hated it. Anyone else notice that it was pretty much a rip off of Nightmare on Elm Street part 3? They even had a villain that was similar to Freddy.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

Ok, what the else do the two have in common? :lol: Nothing I can think of.

BloodoftheKings 02-03-2012 05:01 AM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;440638]Let me put it this way: the first part of the movie (everything up to the dad finding out he has to travel into the dream world) was actually somewhat freaky, especially with the wife sighting the demons inside her house all the time. That was fuckin' trippy. Everything after, however, was plain ridiculous. To be honest, though, that ending was DEFINITELY not expected.[/QUOTE]

I will say that the first half was about half decent. The 2nd half was comedic. The ending was fucking stupid.

Epidemic Reign 02-03-2012 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;440638]Let me put it this way: the first part of the movie (everything up to the dad finding out he has to travel into the dream world) was actually somewhat freaky, especially with the wife sighting the demons inside her house all the time. That was fuckin' trippy. Everything after, however, was plain ridiculous. To be honest, though, that ending was DEFINITELY not expected.[/QUOTE]

The whole reason I think it's a great movie is because of the ending... it was perfect, the entire subplot with the father was unravelled perfectly, and the whole thing with the boy and Darth Maul was just misdirection all along.

GENIUS

BloodoftheKings 02-03-2012 05:04 AM

[QUOTE=Epidemic Reign;440640]:confused:

Ok, what the else do the two have in common? :lol: Nothing I can think of.[/QUOTE]

They huddle in a circle and try to get into a kids dream world so they can rescue him from a red demon thing... nothing in common with dream warriors there.