WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tool -- East Rutherford, NJ -- February 1st, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19430)

Polock91 02-01-2012 10:17 PM

Tool -- East Rutherford, NJ -- February 1st, 2012

Yob Blows, Here's Tool's set...

Hooker With a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober :bouville:
PuShit
Schism
Intension
46&2
Lateralus
Aenima

I'd like to start by saying that this was my first time seeing Tool. They are an amazing live band who, up to this point, I would have given both of my testicles to see. Though, I had a major problem with this show: Sober.

Don't get me wrong, Sober is a great song. One of the first I ever heard by the band. I just was REALLLLLLLLY looking forward to Ticks and Leeches. It would have been one thing if they had just switched the songs, but no. When they played Sober, they stopped in the middle for someone named "Dave" to come out and play some kind of electronic noise over their feedback. It made literally no sense, and not only ruined the song, but kind of ruined the show for me.

It would have been another thing if they had switched out another staple for Sober, being that it is, generally speaking, a staple. If they had been switching between Sober and Schism, that would have made sense; but to switch out a song they never, and I mean FUCKING NEVER, play is just a straight up dick move.

Maybe it's just me, but oh well........

hellawaits77ny 02-01-2012 10:24 PM

That's ghey. I wish bands knew (or even cared) that setlists mean a lot to hardcore fans.

christopher 02-01-2012 10:29 PM

Damn, that really sucks you didn't get Parabola since they usually play that with Sober. I would have been so happy to see Sober. Sucks you didn't enjoy the show as much as you would've wanted to. I'm super jelly to all those who get to see this tour. I wish Tool would play an LA show before a new album comes out...

fletchzer 02-01-2012 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;440346]That's ghey. I wish bands knew (or even cared) that setlists mean a lot to hardcore fans.[/QUOTE]

I think bands do, probably Tool to a fair extent as well. I think if anything, switching up sets between shows is a good thing - when I saw Tool last year in Sydney they played different sets each night.

Playing a shitty rendition is another thing altogether though.

Polock91 02-01-2012 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=christopher;440349]Damn, that really sucks you didn't get Parabola since they usually play that with Sober. [/QUOTE]

that was another thing, too. They were supposed to be done at 11, they walked off stage at 10:45. They just didn't play it.

hiddenzombie013 02-01-2012 11:06 PM

Damn dude that blows. I'm afraid that's what's going to happen to me at the Orlando show. I've never seen them and T&L is my favorite song by them (other than Wings/10k Days). Oddly enough, my buddy's (that I'm going with) favorite song by them is Sober, so one of us is going to be disappointed that night.

hellawaits77ny 02-01-2012 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=fletchzer;440354]I think bands do, probably Tool to a fair extent as well. I think if anything, switching up sets between shows is a good thing - when I saw Tool last year in Sydney they played different sets each night.

Playing a shitty rendition is another thing altogether though.[/QUOTE]

That's cool they switched it up for ya. Love when bands do that.

And yes, fucking up a song w/ ghey shit like that, that's just bad.

VoidFlame 02-02-2012 04:41 AM

[QUOTE=Polock91;440343]Yob Blows[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot.

IrritatedTrout 02-02-2012 05:54 AM

They played Ticks in Camden which is so close to E. Rutherford that they made the switch I would think. I think they did the same thing in Texas and at the Toronto and London shows. Sucks you didn't get Parabola like those shows though.

ShatteredFlame 02-02-2012 06:10 AM

wow that blows. I wouldn't have mind missing Ticks for Parabola but if all I got was Sober I would've been pissed. Honestly I don't have a problem with Sober but there are so many other songs in their catalog that are so much better, that it just baffles me how much people want Sober.