WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- New York, NY -- January 28th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19394)

Maideneer 01-28-2012 09:15 PM

Megadeth -- New York, NY -- January 28th, 2012

Trust
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Sweating Bullets
Angry Again
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs, & Money
A Tout Le Monde
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars…The Punishment Due

Total fucking bullshit, so pissed off right now. First they knocked out 2 songs from the previous shows, and the worst part was the SOUND. I honestly felt like I was in my living room chatting normally with friends, I could hear people crack their knuckles it was so low. The crowd at a certain point chanted different things like "TURN IT UP, TURN IT UP" or "WE CAN'T HEAR YOU *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*" and actually booing too at some points. Part of the fun of a Megadeth show is hearing Dave's stage banter...everything sounded like he was speaking through a pillow over his face or nothing at all, like Forrest Gump speaking to the protest crowd at the Reflecting Pool.

I feel really jipped, this wasn't exactly cheap, $45 where I was and that was a cheap seat.

They played great I guess, all the bands did, too bad you couldn't hear it. Motorhead was even turned down and they are about the loudest band on earth.

Please never play that venue again, they were acting like grandma was sleeping upstairs and for god's sakes don't wake her up.

hellawaits77ny 01-28-2012 09:25 PM

Shit man, sorry to hear the show sucked so much :flame:. I agree, that's complete shit. Cutting out 2 songs (from an already unexpectedly short 14 song set), whittling it down to a measly fucking 12. How long did they play? 55 minutes?

After reviews of the Gigantour shows so far, not bummed in the least that I can't make any.

Wasn't this at MSG?

Maideneer 01-28-2012 09:27 PM

I think they went on at 9:05 or 9:10, off definitely by 10:25. Motorhead played 45 minutes I know that, it actually seemed like Volbeat played the longest but I don't know, maybe it just felt like the longest.

OraclesofAgony 01-28-2012 09:31 PM

Weak set, not much different from their Big 4 set. Glad I didn't bite on those expensive ass tickets for Gibson Amphitheatre (Where pit was 100+ and nosebleeds were like 70).

Hopefully Motorhead really is on Mayhem, because I want to see them.

camby118 01-28-2012 09:42 PM

Megadeth went on at around 9:25. Was off by 10:25.

I'm pretty annoyed honestly. Motorhead was great, very entertaining. But when everyone in the fucking venue is shouting to turn Dave up, and you can't hear a word he says (I think he asked us who we were going to vote for, and he announced that it was Electra's 14th birthday) but it was a bit of a ripoff. I paid $70 for decent seats.

adamclark52 01-28-2012 09:53 PM

I'm really not too stoked for the show in Oshawa next week.

camby118 01-28-2012 09:55 PM

Also, Motorhead's seemed similar to previous nights on the tour but there was no Metropolis.

Christen 01-28-2012 09:57 PM

Shitty deal dude. I am assuming the set being cut short and the audio issues where something to do with the venue, not the band, correct? I hope I don't read too many more Gigantour horror stories, I'm still looking forward to my show on the 16th.

Onioner 01-28-2012 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=srm90;439276]Weak set, not much different from their Big 4 set. Glad I didn't bite on those expensive ass tickets for Gibson Amphitheatre (Where pit was 100+ and nosebleeds were like 70).

Hopefully Motorhead really is on Mayhem, because I want to see them.[/QUOTE]

All of this.

TripKore 01-29-2012 05:29 AM

Going to try and film them tonight @ Tsongas Arena in Lowell, MA.

Anyone know the bands set times? 30misn / 45mins for all 4 bands?
Thanks!