WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lamb Of God -- Toronto, Ontario -- January 27th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19386)

passty 01-27-2012 09:42 PM

Lamb Of God -- Toronto, Ontario -- January 27th, 2012

First concert of the year!!!! No better way to start out than with LAMB OF GOD!!!

First band was local band, Manahan. I actually enjoyed them, I thought they were pretty cool.

Second band was The Acacia Strain. I'm not a fan of them and wasn't watching them. When I came inside they were still playing and just sounded really bad. Not impressed.

Finally, LAMB OF GOD!!! They were just amazing. 4th time seeing them and definitely the best time I've seen them. They played like the show of their lives. I just had so much fun. And the pits were fucking brutal. Here's the setlist

Desolation
Ghost Walking
Walk With Me In Hell
Set To Fail
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Hourglass
The Undertow
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Contractor
The Number Six
Laid To Rest
------
The Passing
In Your Words
Redneck
Black Label

jd091 01-27-2012 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=passty;439102]
Second band was The Acacia Strain. I'm not a fan of them and wasn't watching them. When I came inside they were still playing and just sounded really bad. Not impressed.[/QUOTE]

You will learn, young one. You will learn. ;)

hellawaits77ny 01-27-2012 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=jd091;439105]You will learn, young one. You will learn. ;)[/QUOTE]

Dude, I think you and I are the only TAS fans here :D.

AnthG 01-27-2012 10:33 PM

Holy fuck, i'm so pissed that I missed this show, but there was no way I was paying $100 for a fucking ticket that had a face value of $32 after service charges. I'll just have to catch them the next time they roll through here, when the venue isn't as intimate and ticket prices are a little more. Fucking scalpers. Good thing I got Machine Head tomorrow night.

300%_Density 01-27-2012 10:45 PM

[QUOTE=jd091;439105]You will learn, young one. You will learn. ;)[/QUOTE]

Young one picked up quickly. It was an abomination that they actually headlined over Terror last fall. And that is why I left after seeing Terror ;)

hellawaits77ny 01-27-2012 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;439110]Young one picked up quickly. It was an abomination that they actually headlined over Terror last fall. And that is why I left after seeing Terror ;)[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. But it's all about record sales, and TAS sells more. Even though I like TAS, it angers me how much more they sell than most metal.

jd091 01-27-2012 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;439110]Young one picked up quickly. It was an abomination that they actually headlined over Terror last fall. And that is why I left after seeing Terror ;)[/QUOTE]

I can totally see why. Scott Vogel, of course, has been around in the hardcore scene forever, but you realize The Acacia Strain have been around longer than Terror, right? And they're a bigger band with a wider audience; Terror had come off of a bunch of headlining stints and opening for them was great for exposure. And it was awesome for me, getting to see my favorite deathcore band with a non-shitty lineup! How rare is that? I mean, we go fucking [I]Harm's Way[/I] to play first on that tour. :drool:

300%_Density 01-27-2012 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;439119]I totally agree. But it's all about record sales, and TAS sells more. Even though I like TAS, it angers me how much more they sell than most metal.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Didn't know their last album started @ #67 on Billboard. Then I got depressed and didn't want to look @ any further #s bc it saddened me so.

hellawaits77ny 01-28-2012 12:25 AM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;439124]Wow. Didn't know their last album started @ #67 on Billboard. Then I got depressed and didn't want to look @ any further #s bc it saddened me so.[/QUOTE]

I knew it did well, but I had to double check as to how. Yeah, that's a lot of sales. Suprising.

mastodon421 01-28-2012 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;439108]Dude, I think you and I are the only TAS fans here :D.[/QUOTE]

Woah Woah Woah don't forget about me:D