WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anthrax -- Tempe, AZ -- January 24th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19355)

maidenpriest 01-24-2012 11:00 PM

Anthrax -- Tempe, AZ -- January 24th, 2012

What a way to start off my 2012 concert calendar!! I thought that Death Angel was a great opener, definitely one of the better openers I've ever seen. They played about 30 minutes and about another 20 minutes after that, Testament took the stage and (in my opinion) put in the best performance of the night. This was my first time seeing Testament and they just blew me away. From the opening notes of the Preacher until the end of Disciples, the band was just relentless, playing both old and new. Alex Skolnick is an absolute god on the guitar and it was a pleasure finally seeing him perform live.

Anthrax came on at 10 PM and put on a great show. The band was on fire and Joey sounded a lot better then I thought he would. The new songs went over well live, with In the End being my favorite new one of the night. My only complaint was that I felt like the first part of the set just didn't flow well, especially compared to Testament's set.

No changes in sets, besides Testament dropping Envy Life.

Testament:

The Preacher
The New Order
The Persecuted Won't Forget
Practice What You Preach
Over the Wall :rocker:
Souls of Black
Into the Pit
Electric Crown
Henchmen Ride
More Then Meets the Eye
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days in Darkness
Disciples of the Watch :rocker:

Anthrax:
Worship (Intro)
Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Til You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Anti-Social
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians :rocker:
In the End
Got the Time
Medusa :party::rocker:
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L)
---------------------
Among the Living :rocker:
Metal Thrashing Mad
I'm the Man (partial)
Refuse/Resist (partial)
I Am the Law

mankvill 01-24-2012 11:02 PM

dat testament set. :drool:

maidenpriest 01-24-2012 11:04 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;438200]dat testament set. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Enjoy dude...it was fucking amazing

jem777az 01-25-2012 06:39 AM

I agree that despite Anthrax excellent performance that Testament stole the show. Great performances all around by the 3 bands. It was great to see a sold out/near sold out crowd and all the energy that brings.

anomynous 01-25-2012 08:56 AM

Testament set is almost perfect, I'd just switch out Electric Crown for Low or Demonic Refusal

PlaysWithKnives 01-25-2012 09:40 AM

Both great sets. Pretty much the same ones from when I saw them back in November, except for Medusa. That would have been sweet to hear.

Triggz 01-25-2012 05:29 PM

Shit was awesome. Did you see Frank throw the amp off the stage towards the end? :lol:

maidenpriest 01-25-2012 08:33 PM

Yeah that was hilarious,

maidenpriest 01-25-2012 08:35 PM

And according to setlist.fm this was Death Angel's set for all who are interested.

I Chose the Sky
Mistress of Pain
Truce
Claws in so Deep
Buried Alive
TUV/Thrown