WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anthrax -- Anaheim, CA -- January 23rd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19346)

KillerCannabis 01-24-2012 10:09 AM

Anthrax -- Anaheim, CA -- January 23rd, 2012

Worship
Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Antisocial
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In the End
Got the Time
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
Medusa
Metal Thrashing Mad
I'm the Man (partial)
Refuse/Resist (partial cover)
Among the Living
I Am the Law

I don't have the Testament setlist, but I'll try to remember what I can (and it'll likely be out of order)

The New Order
The Preacher
Over the Wall
Into the Pit
D.N.R.
More Than Meets the Eye

I'm blanking on the other 4 or 5 songs. They were on fire last night, though. Skolnick is such a master on the axe; his playing looks so effortless. Chuck Billy is the undisputed king of air guitar. Their set was tight, brutal and sounded fantastic. But no Trial by Fire makes me sad.

The only time I'd seen Anthrax before was when they opened for Maiden in May 2008 with Dan Nelson singing. Oh, crap, did they suck that night. Nelson sounded like a bad Robb Dukes clone. So glad they're back with Joey, and he looked to be having the most fun of them all. Rob Caggiano looks like a rapist in his ever-present beanie, but dude can shred. The mix-up of tracks at the end of the night was a big plus. I figured they'd do the same 3 song encore Vegas got, but instead we got some treats. I left happy.

JRA 01-24-2012 10:26 AM

Medusa for Madhouse? I like it.

Now all we need is Discharge for Got The Time and Be All End All or Make Me Laugh for Antisocial and we're golden.

treghet 01-24-2012 10:56 AM

Meh... still not impressed with the set. Glad I didn't spend my money on this.

The Ghost at Number One 01-24-2012 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;437968]Medusa for Madhouse? I like it.

Now all we need is Discharge for Got The Time and Be All End All or Make Me Laugh for Antisocial and we're golden.[/QUOTE]Exactly what I was thinking.

elturtleboy 01-24-2012 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;437973]Meh... still not impressed with the set. Glad I didn't spend my money on this.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya

Blumpkin King 01-24-2012 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=elturtleboy;437981]I'm with ya[/QUOTE]

X3

Same mostly boring set as last leg. Glad I did not fight the traffic for this.

sarsip 01-24-2012 02:47 PM

Testament and Death Angel carried the last leg of the tour. The new songs are great but a few substitutions? Now It's Dark? Aftershock? Belly of the Beast?

anomynous 01-24-2012 03:07 PM

You guys do realize that this is supposed to be the same tour, except for cities that didn't get it the last leg?

It shouldn't be a surprise it's the same set.

OraclesofAgony 01-24-2012 03:16 PM

Fun show. The only other time I saw Anthrax was with the Big 4 and I had a lot more fun this time around. It was my 5th time seeing Testament and 2nd time seeing Death Angel too.

Onioner 01-24-2012 03:16 PM

Now I'm not as sad that I missed out on this, although Medusa would have been pretty cool. I know it'll never happen, but I'd straight up lose my shit if they ever played Armed and Dangerous or Gung-Ho.