WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- Donnington, UK -- June 12th, 2005 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=1933)

Dead_skin_mask 06-16-2005 01:26 AM

Slayer -- Donnington, UK -- June 12th, 2005

1. South Of Heaven
2. Silent Scream
3. Stain Of Mind
4. Disciple
5. War Ensemble
6. Dead Skin Mask
7. Postmortem
8. Raining Blood
9. Mandatory Suicide
10. Angel Of Death

Average is the only word to describe this performance. Cues were off, sound wasn't too great and I don't think opening with South Of Heaven helped matters, even if it did then go straight into Silent Scream. The mosh pit was also no fun, just a mass crush which resulted in several people passing out and missing what should have been one of the festival highlights :(

In Slayers defence they didn't have long to play and had to cut their set due to Nightwish's late appearence. I fear Hell Awaits and Chemical Warfare may have been cut. :mad: And of course a Slayer show is never quite the same in the daylight.

But overall - disappointing, worst Slayer performance I have ever seen. However that certainly doesn't mean it was bad :metal:

hot_turkey_ed 06-16-2005 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=Dead_skin_mask]1. South Of Heaven
2. Silent Scream
3. Stain Of Mind
4. Disciple
5. War Ensemble
6. Dead Skin Mask
7. Postmortem
8. Raining Blood
9. Mandatory Suicide
10. Angel Of Death

Average is the only word to describe this performance. Cues were off, sound wasn't too great and I don't think opening with South Of Heaven helped matters, even if it did then go straight into Silent Scream. The mosh pit was also no fun, just a mass crush which resulted in several people passing out and missing what should have been one of the festival highlights :(

In Slayers defence they didn't have long to play and had to cut their set due to Nightwish's late appearence. I fear Hell Awaits and Chemical Warfare may have been cut. :mad: And of course a Slayer show is never quite the same in the daylight.

But overall - disappointing, worst Slayer performance I have ever seen. However that certainly doesn't mean it was bad :metal:[/QUOTE]

I learned the daylight lesson at Ozzfest last year. Slayer should NEVER play in the sunlight.

Dead_skin_mask 06-16-2005 01:37 AM

Yes I agree, not that Slayer need their image to put on a great show, but it certainly does help.

hot_turkey_ed 06-16-2005 01:40 AM

[QUOTE=Dead_skin_mask]Yes I agree, not that Slayer need their image to put on a great show, but it certainly does help.[/QUOTE]

I'm hardly a big advocate for Slayer but those guys can get up there, just stand, play, and kick ass. They don't need a fucking production. I'll give them credit for that.

KerryKingsBeard 06-16-2005 04:45 AM

[QUOTE=Dead_skin_mask][B]1.[/B] South Of Heaven
[/QUOTE]
what the fuck??? :eyes:

mariner666 06-16-2005 06:48 AM

WTF?! Started with South of Heaven? :eek:

Dead_skin_mask 06-16-2005 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=KerryKingsBeard]what the fuck??? :eyes:[/QUOTE]
Precisely my reaction when it came on!

Dead_skin_mask 06-16-2005 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=mariner666]WTF?! Started with South of Heaven? :eek:[/QUOTE]
Sure did, didn't exactly get the pit circles going.

fockin2dagarden 06-19-2005 06:21 AM

you forgot seasons in the abyss, they definately played that. it was the 1st time i had ever seen slayer so i have nothing to compare against. the main highlight was when raining blood came on, got the crowd going.

Dead_skin_mask 06-20-2005 03:24 AM

[QUOTE=fockin2dagarden]you forgot seasons in the abyss, they definately played that. it was the 1st time i had ever seen slayer so i have nothing to compare against. the main highlight was when raining blood came on, got the crowd going.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure, I was looking out for it but didn't hear it :confused:

Musta been at a time when my focus was on trying to breathe rather than listening to Slayer