WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gojira -- Oslo, Norway -- June 12th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19289)

jhdeity 01-16-2012 02:33 PM

Gojira -- Oslo, Norway -- June 12th, 2011

So I google Gojira to find out if any new info on their new cd is out and I click a few links and arrive at a link to a Norwegian Wood 2011 Festival.

I download it and it starts off as a tv show with break dancers and a cruise ship line. Just as I'm about to X it off and delete it I see a huge stage with maybe 100-200 people there. Out walks Mario who begins the opening riff to Ocean Planet. Talk about making my day!

There are youtube clips of this show I'm sure but the entire great quality video is out there too if you look. This setlist was different than the one I saw a few years ago and while I prefer my set with Oroborus as the opener, this was still great. Maybe I'll finally get to hear them play To Sirius live one day...

Can't wait for the new cd!

1. Ocean Planet
2. Backbone
3. Remembrance
4. Love
5. A Sight to Behold
6. Flying Whales
7. The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
8. Toxic Garbage Island
9. Vacuity

Encore:

10. Where Dragons Dwell

Natrlhi 01-17-2012 05:09 AM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;435375]Can't wait for the new cd!
[/QUOTE]If the information I have collected from various dark corners of the interwebs is correct, not only are they working on a new EP (the charity thing for the Sea Shepherd organization), but they are also working on a new full-length CD as well as a DVD which includes live footage as well as a documentary on the making of "The Way of All Flesh".

I just wish they would hurry the fuck up and release any one of those items.

kommie 01-17-2012 07:25 AM

The EP should of came out already, the data for it was lost however. They are in NYC right now recording a new CD with Josh Wilbur as producer.

jhdeity 01-17-2012 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;435492]If the information I have collected from various dark corners of the interwebs is correct, not only are they working on a new EP (the charity thing for the Sea Shepherd organization), but they are also working on a new full-length CD as well as a DVD which includes live footage as well as a documentary on the making of "The Way of All Flesh".

I just wish they would hurry the fuck up and release any one of those items.[/QUOTE]

Ironically I was searching Sea Shepherd when I came upon this link. Fascinating shit.

You would think since Of Blood and Salt came out in May that the EP would be finished if they were actually going to release it. Maybe they're doing the final mixing now. One can only hope...

Grimjaw_Kurosaki 01-17-2012 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;435576]Ironically I was searching Sea Shepherd when I came upon this link. Fascinating shit.

You would think since Of Blood and Salt came out in May that the EP would be finished if they were actually going to release it. Maybe they're doing the final mixing now. One can only hope...[/QUOTE]

Radio Metal: What happened with the "Sea Shepherd" EP? How is it coming along?

Joe: We've had a lot of setbacks and technical problems that got us very late. For instance, a hard drive with a lot of takes we'd made just crashed. It was quite a hard blow a couple of months ago. We were working on the new album, we were almost ready to finish everything… When I arrived in the U.S., I found somebody who managed to get all the information back, meaning the EP's audio files. I've been able to get my hands on them not so long ago. Now I've got everything, I need to sit down and work on it, there's still a lot to do… I need to finish mixing and add a couple of vocals we've been recording. It's not much, but I basically don't have a second for myself right now, which means I don't have the time to work on it. Nobody will do it for me, so I'll just start working on it when we're done with the album. We'll release this fucking EP eventually. It means a lot to us and we're a bit pissed off we couldn't release it last September.

bobbie solo 01-17-2012 02:59 PM

as someone who has been fishing and on boats regularly since i was five, the Sea Shepherd people worry me bc theyre so reckless, part. with a volunteer crew who many times have little to no experience on the water. BUT, i love what they're trying to do, and that they have had some great success stopping the whale hunt last year. so it's tough to decide where i fall with them, but i support them trepedatiously (sp?).

Good to see Gojira support them too, as them getting more $ will hopefully help them to be safer with their practices (maybe im being naive)

jhdeity 01-17-2012 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=Grimjaw_Kurosaki;435692]Radio Metal: What happened with the "Sea Shepherd" EP? How is it coming along?

Joe: We've had a lot of setbacks and technical problems that got us very late. For instance, a hard drive with a lot of takes we'd made just crashed. It was quite a hard blow a couple of months ago. We were working on the new album, we were almost ready to finish everything… When I arrived in the U.S., I found somebody who managed to get all the information back, meaning the EP's audio files. I've been able to get my hands on them not so long ago. Now I've got everything, I need to sit down and work on it, there's still a lot to do… I need to finish mixing and add a couple of vocals we've been recording. It's not much, but I basically don't have a second for myself right now, which means I don't have the time to work on it. Nobody will do it for me, so I'll just start working on it when we're done with the album. We'll release this fucking EP eventually. It means a lot to us and we're a bit pissed off we couldn't release it last September.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update!