WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   2012 movies..... (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19199)

BloodoftheKings 01-06-2012 05:28 PM

2012 movies.....

I figured we should have a discussion thread for movies new movies. What are you guys looking forward to seeing this year? I'm dying to see [I]The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus,[/I] and [I]Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter[/I].

Dextrimental 01-06-2012 05:32 PM

Biggest for me is Prometheus and The Muppets (not out here yet). The Dark Knight Rises I'm sure will wow audiences and I will see it, but I'm not too excited about it.

powerslave_85 01-06-2012 05:40 PM

Most excited for:
Red Tails
The Avengers
Dark Knight Rises
The Hobbit
Lincoln
World War Z
Brave

DethMaiden 01-06-2012 05:53 PM

Django Unchained, anyone?

BloodoftheKings 01-06-2012 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;432144]
The Avengers
World War Z
Brave[/QUOTE]

Pretty excited for these too. I have a bad feeling the Avengers won't be as awesome as it should be and it's gonna wind up being only "pretty good". Brave should be awesome since it's a Pixar movie that isn't called Cars.

powerslave_85 01-06-2012 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;432152]Django Unchained, anyone?[/QUOTE]
I am extremely uncomfortable with Tarantino tackling slavery, but I'm at least intrigued.

DethMaiden 01-06-2012 07:03 PM

Well, Jews on a revenge mission for the Holocaust killing Hitler wasn't exactly delicate but [I]Basterds[/I] ruled hard. So long as he doesn't make the slave master an empowered, sympathetic character, I don't see how this fails.

BloodoftheKings 01-06-2012 08:14 PM

I was considering seeing [I]The Devil Inside[/I] because I want to go to the movies more this year but I'm seeing a shit load of terrible reviews for it. Most of the negative reaction seems to be coming from the ending (a reviewer on /r/horror claimed the ending was so bad everyone in the theater stood up and booed). Even a girl from my school who I would expect to like shitty horror movies made a facebook status about how the movie was shitty and the ending sucked.

dcmetal108 01-06-2012 08:59 PM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;432182]I was considering seeing [I]The Devil Inside[/I] because I want to go to the movies more this year but I'm seeing a shit load of terrible reviews for it. Most of the negative reaction seems to be coming from the ending (a reviewer on /r/horror claimed the ending was so bad everyone in the theater stood up and booed). Even a girl from my school who I would expect to like shitty horror movies made a facebook status about how the movie was shitty and the ending sucked.[/QUOTE]

My family wants to see it but it just doesn't look good and I'm a die hard horror fan and I love horrible horrible movies but it looks like one of those movies that will be 10% interesting stuff and the 90% useless talking.

mastodon421 01-07-2012 03:45 AM

Off the of my head here's what I am excited to see this year:
Contraband
Underworld: Awakening
Man On A Ledge
Safe House
Wanderlust
21 Jump Street
Wrath of the Titans
American Reunion
The Five-Year Engagement
The Avengers
The Dictator
Men In Black III
Promethus
I Hate You, Dad (I haven't been this excited for an Adam Sandler film in ages, it actually has really good writers!)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Brave
G.I Joe: Retaliation
Ted
The Dark Knight Rises
The Bourne Legacy
Dog Fight
The Expendables 2
This Is Forty
Hunter Killer
World War Z
Django Unchained

I'm sure there will be plenty more as the year goes on.
edit: forgot about Lincoln, that is going to be amazing.