WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kylesa -- Tampa, FL -- December 28th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19125)

brutal_descent 12-28-2011 08:47 PM

Kylesa -- Tampa, FL -- December 28th, 2011

Last show of the year! :fist:

Said and Done
Only One
Tired Climb
To Forget
Bottom Line
Forsaken
Drum Battle
Don't Look Back
Distance Closing In
Where The Horizon Unfolds
Unknown Awareness
Hollow Severer
Scapegoat
A 100 Heat Index

Accidentally arrived two hours early (:tp:), so just hung around in front of The Orpheum with my friend. Chatted up some old-timers wearing Skeletonwitch hoodies from Seattle and talked about SYL, Intronaut, and YOB. About 50 people showed up overall to the show, but it didn't give the show the intimate feel a small audience usually does, because of the size of the venue. First opening act Recreant was a crust/sludge band with a female singer playing an electric violin, looked a lot like Alice Glass from Crystal Castles. Second band Landbridge was also a crust punk band, this time with a batshit crazy bassist/vocalist who looked like he'd suffer a seizure at any moment. At some point before Kylesa started, noticed that half of the audience was comprised of hipsters drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon (no joke) to my disappointment. One dude behind me did look like Buzzo from the Melvins, which was super lulzy.

Kylesa was fucking good, a bit better than when I saw them in June at Graspop. Laura was as good as ever, but you couldn't hear the vocals for any of the bands at all. About halfway through the show a pit opened up behind me, with about ten people in it throughout the night. Quite a few of them were just running through the venue flinging their arms around (:confused:) pissing off quite a few people in the front row who were obviously stoned as fuck. During Distance Closing In some drunk chick on the left of me grabbed my hand with a strong grip and started headbanging, kind of unnerving me, but as soon as she saw my Deicide shirt, she backed off :lol:

After 110 Degrees, Kylesa left the stage, but instead of the usual, the house lights came back on and the PA music began blasting once more. Laura came out and apologized to whoever was still left that she had forgotten to tell the soundboard guy they were going to play an encore, so the show was over. :bouville: Cut out from the setlist were Between Silence And Sound and Running Red.

A good end to an excellent year of metal! Onwards to 2012!

larvtard 12-28-2011 09:00 PM

You're surprised that the crowd was drinking pbr? Wtf did you expect?! :lol:

TonyD 12-28-2011 09:27 PM

Why do hipsters love these guys?
Thanks for posting the set, sucks most of their fall dates got canceled.

mankvill 12-28-2011 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;429356]Why do hipsters love these guys?
Thanks for posting the set, sucks most of their fall dates got canceled.[/QUOTE]

sludge = hipsters choice of metal

MPF 12-28-2011 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=larvtard;429363]THATS WHY I CALL IT [B]HIPSTER METAL!!![/B]

NOW DO YOU GET IT?![/QUOTE]

I thought that's what Atmospheric Black Metal was.

:confused::confused::confused:

TonyD 12-28-2011 11:42 PM

So if Nazis like pop-punk, you can call it Nazi-punk?
[IMG]http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net/photos/images/original/000/008/503/Philosoraptor2.jpg?1250275819[/IMG]

NickLed19 12-29-2011 12:44 AM

No Crowded Road?

mastodon421 12-29-2011 04:36 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;429356]Why do hipsters love these guys?
Thanks for posting the set, sucks most of their fall dates got canceled.[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered that as well, but the hipsters fucking LOVE Kylesa for whatever reason. It's pretty much the only metal they listen to.

VoidFlame 12-29-2011 05:35 AM

Sucks that so few people showed up for Kylesa. When they played in Montreal about a year ago, the place was packed. Anyway, it must have been an excellent show (100 degrees :party:)!

I'm still pissed I forgot my Kylesa t-shirt in a hotel room in Quebec City :flame:.

GarageMetal468 12-29-2011 06:20 AM

[QUOTE=larvtard;429363]THATS WHY I CALL IT HIPSTER METAL!!!

NOW DO YOU GET IT?![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MPF;429366]I thought that's what Atmospheric Black Metal was.

:confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

Oh dear christ no.

I'm very glad I saw Kylesa at MDF. Hipster free!