WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hatebreed -- Louisville, KY -- December 8th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18962)

Ape 12-08-2011 09:30 PM

Hatebreed -- Louisville, KY -- December 8th, 2011

So a group of friends and I decided to hit up the hatebreed show in Louisville tonight it was an off date for share the welt. I wouldn't have gone had five finger death punch been there. Some locals opened the show that sucked. I didn't really pay attention.

Anyway

HATEBREED
They took forever to set up and get on stage but it was worth the wait. I found it strange that they has the drums and amps completely covered until the lights went out but I soon learned why. They dropped the covers and there was Christmas lights and stockings hanging from the amps and drums. They also put up a Christmas tree. They came out to the song "it's the most wonderful time of the year" stage was dark with only the Christmas stuff lit up and they quickly went Into to the threshold with the lights coming fully on. It was your average hatebreed setlist with a couple thorn in from their first cd. I'm not sure how long they played because I didn't have my phone on me but it was pretty long. High energy and a ton of crowd reaction all the way through. Even the security guards were standing on the barrier not helping people but instead headbanging and directing people to mosh. Was awesome.

I caught a hatebreed pick from Wayne. I also got a VIP meet and greet and hung out for a bit after the show. Jamey and Wayne remembered me from previous times because of my tattoo. I got my lamenent signed by everyone.

As best as I can remember. Not in order besides the first two and last two

Hatebreed
It's the most wonderful time of the year intro
To the threshold
Everyone bleeds now
In ashes the shall reap
Empty promises
Puritan
Before dishonor
Perseverance
Tear it down
This is now
Doomsayer
Last breath
Destroy everything
Never let it die
Facing what consumes you
As diehard as they come
Live for this
I will be heard

There maybe a couple more I cannot remember.

All the remains
Was the boring. They are still playing the same sets as they did from mayhem 09. I think they played two from fall of ideals and that was this calling and the air that I breathe. Was stupid. I found it funny that Phil would be like " you guys want something heavy!?" and then they would play stuff from overcome. Get the fuck out with that shit you asshole. Half the venue cleared out after hatebreed and of the people left half were waiting to meet hatebreed after the show so it was funny when Phil got pissy that the crowd wasn't into it. Here's an idea Phil, fucking play stuff from this darkened heart! Then maybe people will be into your band. In the middle of the set it was more entertaining to watch the people that were getting into fights. I spent a good three songs watching an argument. So once again this band can go away until they decide to acknowledge their early work that got them where they are. they also played a shorter set than hatebreed. Which was weird but I'm not complaining

All in all I had a great time it was worth the 2 hour drive there and back. I'll post a picture of the lamenent when I get a chance.

Addicted2metal 12-08-2011 09:50 PM

at least ATR played "The Air that I breath"
they didn't play it at my show.

christopher 12-09-2011 02:23 AM

:tp:

Nater 12-09-2011 09:08 AM

I'm pretty glad I saw ATR with Fear Factory a couple years ago because atleast they played some stuff from TDH. Hell they even played it on the Jager tour in Febuary. I don't understand why they neglect that album and TFoI so much.

Ape 12-09-2011 10:11 AM

On the as I lay dying fall tour 2010 I got the chance to talk to Phil because I was parked right by the buses and he happened to be standing there when I walked out. This is how the conversation went.

Me: hey Phil, what's up. I have a question for you?
Phil: what's that?
Me: I've seen you guys a bunch over the years and the last few times I've noticed you haven't been playing anything from this darkened heart and only a couple from fall of ideals. I think tonight there was only two from fall of ideals. What's up with that? I love the early stuff.
( this was before the most recent cd came out)
Phil: well we only had a 45 minute set and it seems everytime we play the old stuff people look at us like we are retarded.
Me: I look at you that way when you play new stuff though
Phil: whatever we can't please everyone especially with a short set.
Me: that's understandable but it's been the last three times I've seen you.
Phil: whatever I got to get out of here.

Then he walked away. I said I wouldn't see them again but dammit hatebreed was playing and I had a meet and greet so I watched them. This time the only thing I could think of is you had a headline set this time Phil where's that excuse now? It's pretty sad. He basically said they didn't give a fuck about the fans that got them started. At least that's what I take from the conversation and the last few years they have toured.

x-voltage 12-09-2011 10:28 AM

Hatebreed needs more from the new album. Not My Master, Between Hell and a Heartbeat, Hands of a Dying Man, and Through the Thorns

Ape 12-09-2011 10:39 AM

Whatever hatebreed plays I will be happy with. Usually the songs that I look for the most or at least hope they will play the most is.

Proven
Final prayer
Defeatist
A call for blood
Smash your enemies

Plus the staples I will be heard being the main one

masterguy49 12-09-2011 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Ape;423177]On the as I lay dying fall tour 2010 I got the chance to talk to Phil because I was parked right by the buses and he happened to be standing there when I walked out. This is how the conversation went.

Me: hey Phil, what's up. I have a question for you?
Phil: what's that?
Me: I've seen you guys a bunch over the years and the last few times I've noticed you haven't been playing anything from this darkened heart and only a couple from fall of ideals. I think tonight there was only two from fall of ideals. What's up with that? I love the early stuff.
( this was before the most recent cd came out)
Phil: well we only had a 45 minute set and it seems everytime we play the old stuff people look at us like we are retarded.
Me: I look at you that way when you play new stuff though
Phil: whatever we can't please everyone especially with a short set.
Me: that's understandable but it's been the last three times I've seen you.
Phil: whatever I got to get out of here.

Then he walked away. I said I wouldn't see them again but dammit hatebreed was playing and I had a meet and greet so I watched them. This time the only thing I could think of is you had a headline set this time Phil where's that excuse now? It's pretty sad. He basically said they didn't give a fuck about the fans that got them started. At least that's what I take from the conversation and the last few years they have toured.[/QUOTE]

No offense dude, but you came off as annoying the way I take it. They got famous off their new stuff and as much as I LOVE their old stuff, all their music is good. You have to realize they tour for new albums and they have to play off it. You came off as forcing the idea, even though Phil said that many people come to hear their new stuff and their growing fan base is all due to their new stuff. I know on their last headlining tour last year they did a lot of old stuff, so maybe you should have caught them then.

Ape 12-09-2011 04:40 PM

No shit bands tour their new material but it's not hard to throw one song in from this darkened heart. They got really popular I guess because half the venue was empty by the time they played. Phil was being a dick and had a shitty attitude from the second I approached him. It's hard to post that through text without changing his words. I'm sorry I'm not a kiss ass to someone because they are in a band.