WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Unearth -- Pomona, CA -- December 7th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18952)

xStructualDefect 12-08-2011 12:57 AM

Unearth -- Pomona, CA -- December 7th, 2011

Source: Me; They should be right and in the correct order.
Venue: Glasshouse

Skeletonwitch
---
Reduced To The Failure Of Prayer
Erased And Forgotten
Beyond The Permafrost
This Horrifying Force (The Desire To Kill)
Sacrifice For The Slaughtergod
Repulsive Salvation
Crushed Beyond Dust
Choke Upon Betrayal
Within My Blood

Chimaira
--
Age of Hell
Clockwork
Losing My Mind
Power Trip
Nothing Remains
The Flame
Pure Hatred
Destory and Dominate
Severed (with drum solo in middle of song)
???
Year of the Snake
Born in Blood
Resurrection

Unearth
--
Watch it Burn
The Great Dividers
Eyes of Black
This Lying World
Shadows In The Light
Endless
This Glorious Nightmare
My Will Be Done
Giles
Zombie Autopilot
Black Hearts Now Reigin

First review I've done in a long time. I won a pair of tickets to this show off something off Twitter. I already planned on going so I just saved myself $20. I went with 2 friends so I gave them the other ticket and they split the cost of 1 ticket. There was a local opener but my friends and I decided to grab a bite before we entered the show.

Molotov Solution opened up the show. Generic forgettable boring deathcore. Everyone was standing around besides like 5 hardcore dancers throwing down for the breakdowns.

Skeletonwitch was up next and they were fucking awesome. I ran into rjturtle and said what's up to him before they went on. There wasn't too many people in the venue at the time but a lot of people were into them in the front.

As Chimaira was setting up a lot more people showed up to the venue. A lot of people in the front seemed into them and the pit was decent. I just saw them 2 months ago with Revocation and I'm not really a fan of them but they put on a good show again.

Sadly a lot of people left after them and the venue looked a bit empty for Unearth. If I were to guess maybe 2/5's or a 1/3 of the venue left. They put on an incredible show and everyone in the front was very into it despite the small crowd.

Sadly there wasn't really any (good) circle pits or any pits whatsoever in the middle going on because everyone was too spread out. That's the one thing I've never liked about the Glasshouse; whenever a pit forms everyone opens up the pit waaaay too much because there's a lot of room at this venue and the circle pits look like track meets because of how spread out everyone is. Many metal shows I've been at the Glasshouse everyone is way too spread out and there really isn't much physical action going on because of that. Pits are usually a fail at this venue depending how packed this venue this. Even sold out shows everyone still seems too spread out still. I try to avoid going to the Glasshouse and would rather see a tour hit a smaller venue opposed to the Glasshouse. This show would have been a lot more fun if it had went to Chain Reaction or Key Club.

Still a great show. Would recommend seeing this tour and supporting the bands.

mastodon421 12-08-2011 05:57 AM

Unearth switched up their set quite a bit and Skeletonwitch switched out a couple of songs too since I saw this tour 3 weeks ago. Adding This Glorious Nightmare:drool: , but them dropping Arise The War Cry is a pretty big bummer.

maxpower 12-08-2011 07:52 AM

When this came through Austin a week or so ago the song they played that you have missing from Chimaira was the disappearing sun.

x-voltage 12-11-2011 07:53 PM

I'm going to this tour on Dec 17th. Matt and Rob's 3rd to last show ever!!!! Chimaira is my favorite band. I wish this tour was a Chimaira only headlining tour so Matt and Rob can play more songs for their last run with the band.

AnthG 12-11-2011 08:44 PM

They played Secrets of the Dead and Disappearing Sun in Toronto