WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Official 'Now Drinking' Thread (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18874)

Epidemic Reign 12-02-2011 10:21 PM

The Official 'Now Drinking' Thread

Because, why not? :realchug::realchug::realchug:

I've seen several threads, particularly the WAYD thread, (d?)evolve into conversations about our alcoholic habits and/or incidents. So why not have a place for that?

I'll start.

1 part Sailor Jerry spiced rum vs. 2 parts Cherry Dr. Pepper... on my third cup ;)

Seventhzealot 12-02-2011 10:26 PM

I've been dry for five weeks now :eyes:

christopher 12-02-2011 10:36 PM

I like this thread :D I'm drinking some dark beer that my friend has. Not sure what its called.

Epidemic Reign 12-02-2011 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=Seventhzealot;419980]I've been dry for five weeks now :eyes:[/QUOTE]

Okay, so perhaps we're not off to a great start here :lol:

Nevertheless, tell us more. Did you quit because you had to, or because you wanted to... or both?

Either way, if you quit for a reason, then kudos to you my man. ;)

Epidemic Reign 12-02-2011 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=christopher;419981]I like this thread :D I'm drinking some dark beer that my friend has. Not sure what its called.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff? If you find out what it's called let me know. I'm not very familiar with dark beers but I'm always up for expanding my horizons :D

Seventhzealot 12-02-2011 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=Epidemic Reign;419984]Okay, so perhaps we're not off to a great start here :lol:

Nevertheless, tell us more. Did you quit because you had to, or because you wanted to... or both?

Either way, if you quit for a reason, then kudos to you my man. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Well I haven't quit it as such but it was getting to the point where drinking was like a set thing to do every Friday night and it was fucking my weekends up pretty bad.

So it's more like a self-imposed short term exile so it doesn't get too monotonous :D

I've lately gravitated more towards beer though, love me some Hoegaarden!:party:

Seventhzealot 12-02-2011 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=Epidemic Reign;419985]Good stuff? If you find out what it's called let me know. I'm not very familiar with dark beers but I'm always up for expanding my horizons :D[/QUOTE]

Newcastle Brown Ale is one of the better ones I've had. Not too hard on the stomach either ;)

Epidemic Reign 12-02-2011 10:50 PM

[QUOTE=Seventhzealot;419987]Newcastle Brown Ale is one of the better ones I've had. Not too hard on the stomach either ;)[/QUOTE]

Newcastle is my favorite beer :D

Seventhzealot 12-02-2011 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=Epidemic Reign;419990]Newcastle is my favorite beer :D[/QUOTE]

Yep. Comes second to Hoegaarden for me but I think I enjoyed Hoegaarden more because it's ambience was accentuated by the shrimp I had with it :D

Epidemic Reign 12-02-2011 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=Seventhzealot;419991]Yep. Comes second to Hoegaarden for me but I think I enjoyed Hoegaarden more because it's ambience was accentuated by the shrimp I had with it :D[/QUOTE]

I've never had Hoegaarden. I'll make a note. I generally prefer liquor and mixed drinks, so I've got quite a lot of ground to cover to become well-versed in beers!