WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Bogota, Colombia -- November 23rd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18773)

cristianrock 11-23-2011 09:14 PM

Megadeth -- Bogota, Colombia -- November 23rd, 2011

Review by Dave Mustaine himself

[QUOTE]OMG! I have just officially had my ass kicked! The audience in Bogotá was the best audience of the tour so far!!!

I was sick and my voice was betraying me, but it didn't matter! The fans were so amazing that I can't help but think "shame on me" for waiting so many years to come back to Colombia.

I was absolutely blown away!!! The audience sang so loud it was damn near deafening, they headbanged all night, there were enormous pits, the barricade buckled and needed to be reinforced due to the fans wanting to be near us, and all along the front was the most beautiful girls and guys, that I couldn't let the fact I was sick slow me down!

We debuted "Guns, Drugs, & Money" and my slight nervous disorder stirred up the remnants of dyslexia and I introduced the song as "Drugs, Guns, & Money" and since this was the first time we have ever played the song together, I expected a disastrous outcome, but it was actually received pretty well.

Anyway, we are off to La Paz next, and we will be playing on Friday the 25th, so tomorrow (Thanksgiving) we will be traveling.

Please let me make clear how thankful I/we are for our South and Central American fans. It's also obvious we are all deeply in love with our own families, friends, and our teammates.

I look forward to playing Friday, and working our way back home, but tonight has given us a memory to cherish forever.

God bless you all,

Dave Mustaine :-*[/QUOTE]

Setlist:

Trust
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
She-Wolf
Public Enemy No. 1
Angry Again
A Tout Le Monde
Poison Was the Cure
Head Crusher
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Dawn Patrol
Sweating Bullets
Guns, Drugs & Money (World Premiere)
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
---------------------------------
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

The Ghost at Number One 11-23-2011 09:54 PM

He actually adds a song, and Guns, Drugs & Money is the best he can do? Ugh.

hellawaits77ny 11-24-2011 01:52 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;417314]He actually adds a song, and Guns, Drugs & Money is the best he can do? Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Cool to see a new song, but yeah. LOL, that song is straight cheese.

treghet 11-24-2011 02:13 AM

I thought his voice betrayed him years ago.

electrocute1031 11-24-2011 03:51 AM

the setlist is getting a little bit better, at least they added a couple of songs, even though they aren't the greatest.

Maideneer 11-24-2011 08:21 AM

Guns, Drugs & Money is a really good song folks.

gabo03 11-24-2011 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;417379]Guns, Drugs & Money is a really good song folks.[/QUOTE]

I really like the song and plus they write about a mexican city

KillerCannabis 11-25-2011 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;417379]Guns, Drugs & Money is a really good song folks.[/QUOTE]

Even in the catalog of Megadeth songs, it's not a good song.

The Ghost at Number One 11-25-2011 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=KillerCannabis;417545]Even in the catalog of Megadeth songs, it's not a good song.[/QUOTE]Agreed, and sadly, I feel this way about far too many Megadeth songs over the last decade or so.