WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Judas Priest -- East Rutherford, NJ -- November 18th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18712)

BloodoftheKings 11-18-2011 09:37 PM

Judas Priest -- East Rutherford, NJ -- November 18th, 2011

Me and my brothers hit bad traffic on the way to the venue so we missed the opening bands. I'm gonna assume their sets are the same as the rest of the tour. Before Priest went on I went to the bathroom and heard guys talking about the openers and they were saying "Black Label was cool but half the fuckin' set was a guitar solo". When I went back to my seat [B]MOTHERFUCKING TROY SANDERS AND BRANN DAILOR WALKED PAST ME[/B] . I wanted to say something but I was a few feet away and they looked like they didn't want to be bothered. Priest came out around 8:45 and they played great but the crowd seemed dead the whole show. They weren't even singing along that much. Priest had a pretty awesome stage set up with all these back drops that switched from song to song, pretty good pyro, and tons of smoke and lasers. For [I]Breaking the Law[/I] Halford didn't sing one word and left it completely up to the crowd. They played for a good 2 and a half hours but it went by quicker then most regular headlining sets. The band was great, the new guitarist is pretty schwick but the crowd was lazy and the sound wasn't too great. For the most part I had a great time and the setlist was awesome. :horns:

[B]Judas Priest:[/B]

Rapid Fire
Metal Gods
Heading Out to the Highway
Judas Rising
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Never Satisfied
Diamonds & Rust
Dawn Of Creation
Prophecy
Night Crawler :rocker:
Turbo Lover
Beyond the Realms of Death :light:
The Sentinel
Blood Red Skies
The Green Manalishi :horns:
Breaking the Law
[drum solo]
Painkiller :rocker:
----------
The Hellion
Electric Eye
Hell Bent for Leather
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
----------
Living After Midnight :party:

makethemsuffer12 11-19-2011 03:56 AM

I'm really pissed that I missed this. That's crazy about Troy and Brann.

Robert 11-19-2011 11:58 AM

The traffic out of manhattan was RIDICULOUS! Figures its a friday before thanksgiving week. Now i was running late anyway, but at 6:30 there was no bus, so after some scrambling, and freaking, i met some british guys who were going too, and we almost split a cab thinking it was that or nothing. LUCKILY, a last bus DID show up and took the last load of stragglers straight to IZOD. except it took 30 minutes to get from 9th ave to the tunnel (3 blocks people!), and other 30 from there! With normal traffic its 20-25 mins? with no traffic 15 min. anyway, who's on the bus... Jose from Siriusxm. he's texting, doing paperwork and looking as upset as me. I chatted a bit but basically left him alone. Talked about Testament last week. Well we got there in time for last 1 1/2 songs of BLS. Got a dog, 2 beers and went back down to my seat, saw my buddy who was already there.

Priest was great, honestly i was a little bored in the middle, but got it back toward the end. The set is great but i HATE the constant moving graphics on the screen behind them. Turbo lover, and you're playing a video of 20 cogs going in circles??? if its not video closeups, just put on a back drop and leave it. very distracting.

Gotta cut this short, as im heading to MANOWAR. :rocker:

PowerMaiden 11-19-2011 12:04 PM

Saw Maiden a few times over the years in NY\NJ and no offense but crowds are always pretty lame compared with what we are here in the Québec province or even with Toronto.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33 11-19-2011 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=Robert;416043]Gotta cut this short, as im heading to MANOWAR. :rocker:[/QUOTE]

My condolences to your ears and your wallet.