WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Iced Earth -- Bochum, Germany -- October 30th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18473)

brutal_descent 10-31-2011 12:03 AM

Iced Earth -- Bochum, Germany -- October 30th, 2011

First date of the Dystopia world tour.

Dystopia
Burning Times
Angels Holocaust
Slave to the Dark
V
Stand Alone
When the Night Falls
Damien
Dark City
Pure Evil
Anguish of Youth
My Own Savior
Anthem
Declaration Day
Days of Rage
Tragedy and Triumph
Dante's Inferno
----------
Iced Earth

Epidemic Reign 10-31-2011 12:58 AM

Interesting setlist. Seems weird that there's nothing from the Something Wicked trilogy, the Gettysburg trilogy or Framing Armageddon, but on the other hand 4 pre-Barlow songs, "Damien" and proper selections from the new album make up for it I guess. :rocker:

EDIT: It would be nice if they would swap out Dark City for Boiling Point though.

Eager Dad Jnr 10-31-2011 02:44 AM

[QUOTE=Malevolent Mike;409334]It would be nice if they would swap out Dark City for Boiling Point though.[/QUOTE]

Would it hell. Dark City is, by far, the best song on Dystopia.

Epidemic Reign 10-31-2011 03:04 AM

[QUOTE=Eager Dad Jnr;409355]Would it hell. Dark City is, by far, the best song on Dystopia.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I like the song. I like the movie too. But the references to the titular film are so blatant as to make it rather cheesy, in my opinion. And even if the song were in no way related to a prior work of film, I would still rate it below several other tracks on the album, including Boiling Point ;)

makethemsuffer12 10-31-2011 03:59 AM

Needs some more [I]Something Wicked[/I], [I]Horror Show[/I], and [I]Framing[/I]. "Ten Thousand Strong" would be epic with Stu.

Maidenmagic 10-31-2011 05:44 AM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;409358]Needs some more [I]Something Wicked[/I], [I]Horror Show[/I], and [I]Framing[/I]. "Ten Thousand Strong" would be epic with Stu.[/QUOTE]

Ten thousand strong was one of the first IE songs I heard so it would be aswesome if Stu sang it.

SerpentineVIVIVI 10-31-2011 05:59 AM

It's a shame that Horror Show is so neglected. Damien is a wonderful pick if any though. Not enough from Something Wicked either, but Schaffer's selection of new songs covers it up well (although Soylent Green and Iron Will could take Anguish of Youth and Days of Rage, respectively).

Epidemic Reign 10-31-2011 07:16 AM

Not enough [I]Something Wicked[/I]? Not the best song choices I would agree, but that record was 13 years ago and they played three tracks off of it. That's pretty fair if you ask me.

makethemsuffer12 10-31-2011 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=Malevolent Mike;409384]Not enough [I]Something Wicked[/I]? Not the best song choices I would agree, but that record was 13 years ago and they played three tracks off of it. That's pretty fair if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

True, but I want to hear him do the trilogy. :( Or one of the ballads (Melancholy or Watching Over Me).

Buuuuut I am happy to see "Angels Holocaust" in there.

Epidemic Reign 10-31-2011 08:02 AM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;409391]True, but I want to hear him do the trilogy. :( Or one of the ballads (Melancholy or Watching Over Me).[/QUOTE]

Well I can't blame you for that ;)