WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alice Cooper -- London, England -- October 29th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18460)

ravenheart 10-29-2011 01:49 PM

Alice Cooper -- London, England -- October 29th, 2011

Venue: Alexandra Palace
Set times: 21:05-22:45

The Black Widow
Brutal Planet
I'm Eighteen
Under My Wheels
Billion Dollar Babies
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Hey Stoopid
Is It My Body
Halo of Flies
Jam
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Muscle of Love
Orianthe solo
Only Women Bleed
Cold Ethyl
Feed My Frankenstein
Clones (We're All)
Poison
Wicked Young Man
Killer / I Love The Dead
School's Out
-------------------
Elected
Fire (with Arthur Brown)

Maidenmagic 10-29-2011 05:56 PM

I love Fire! Strong set overall. If this tour came near me I would go see it.

ravenheart 10-29-2011 06:30 PM

Yeah, glad we got something a little special. Arthur Brown opened the show, so I guess it was inevitable.

Got to wonder about some people who go to these things though. One middle-aged guy asked me (bearing in mind I'm comfortably 10 years younger than him) "who's that other guy singing?" after 'Fire'. And another one, similar age, was saying to his mate on the train afterwards "I loved it during the hits, but I didn't know any of the other songs and they didn't do anything for me, I was falling asleep for about 20 minutes in the middle".

Spiner202 10-29-2011 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;409023]
Got to wonder about some people who go to these things though. One middle-aged guy asked me (bearing in mind I'm comfortably 10 years younger than him) "who's that other guy singing?" after 'Fire'. And another one, similar age, was saying to his mate on the train afterwards "I loved it during the hits, but I didn't know any of the other songs and they didn't do anything for me, I was falling asleep for about 20 minutes in the middle".[/QUOTE]
To be fair, it's an Alice Cooper concert, so people are there for Alice. I only know of Arthur Brown because I'm a huge Alice freak, but I'm not particularly interested in his music, and I certainly wouldn't recognize him on stage.

As for the other guy, I think it's somewhat fair. Alice has 26 albums and I don't expect the average fan to know of anything from Flush the Fashion, Muscle of Love, Hey Stoopid, or Brutal Planet.

With that said, I'd love for him to drop some hits in favour of some songs that haven't been played lately. Though I doubt he'll change, I've heard that this tour hasn't hit the UK until now, so he might change it upon returning to North America. At least the Welcome 2 My Nightmare will be amazing (partly because of more songs from RYFAY :D)

ravenheart 10-30-2011 04:31 AM

He's been playing Brutal Planet stuff in the set for about three years. I absolutely would expect people to know that stuff. And Hey Stoopid stuff absolutely. Tracks from that are on every Sony compilation with Poison. Stuff like Cold Ethyl and Is It My Body has been in the set for six years too.

My point is more that I would expect your average Alice Cooper fan to know that stuff, and clearly it's not Alice Cooper fans who come to Alice Cooper concerts.

And people should know who Arthur Brown is, regardless of their liking of his music. Especially people old enough to have been around when he was popular and on the radio. I would always be surprised to meet anyone who hasn't heard "I am the god of Hellfire, and I bring you...".

treghet 10-30-2011 05:01 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;409094]He's been playing Brutal Planet stuff in the set for about three years. I absolutely would expect people to know that stuff. And Hey Stoopid stuff absolutely. Tracks from that are on every Sony compilation with Poison. Stuff like Cold Ethyl and Is It My Body has been in the set for six years too.

My point is more that I would expect your average Alice Cooper fan to know that stuff, and clearly it's not Alice Cooper fans who come to Alice Cooper concerts.

And people should know who Arthur Brown is, regardless of their liking of his music. Especially people old enough to have been around when he was popular and on the radio. I would always be surprised to meet anyone who hasn't heard "I am the god of Hellfire, and I bring you...".[/QUOTE]

There will always be far more casual fans than die hard fans. It's like that for pretty much any popular band out there, so I don't see why you're surprised by this.

Sanitarium78 10-30-2011 05:21 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;409023]Got to wonder about some people who go to these things though. One middle-aged guy asked me (bearing in mind I'm comfortably 10 years younger than him) "who's that other guy singing?" after 'Fire'. And another one, similar age, was saying to his mate on the train afterwards "I loved it during the hits, but I didn't know any of the other songs and they didn't do anything for me, I was falling asleep for about 20 minutes in the middle".[/QUOTE]

I have no clue who Arthur Brown is but i'm with you on wondering about certian people who spend their money to go to a show where they only know the hits from the artists. It's never made sense to me. If i'm not at least familiar with three quaters of an artists catalog I don't go.

I've ran into many clueless people like that at or after shows. You would think that after 19 years of going to concerts that people's ignorance about the band they just paid to see would have no effect on me. But every time it happens it never ceases to amaze me.

IrritatedTrout 10-30-2011 06:15 AM

I also don't know who Arthur Brown is. Is he like James Brown?;)

Maidenmagic 10-30-2011 09:09 AM

No, Arthur Brown is a shock rocker. As for the "fans", if you only know the "hits" don't shell out a lot of money for the concert. You really think the artist/ band is going to just play the three songs you know and walk off? This certainly goes to the people at last year's Maiden concert. Booing because they didn't do run to the hills and the trooper. Idiots.

Maidenmagic 10-30-2011 09:13 AM

Out of Alice's set there's only five songs I don't know and I could easily look them up on YouTube.