WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Symphony X -- London, England -- October 26th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18423)

ravenheart 10-26-2011 01:34 PM

Symphony X -- London, England -- October 26th, 2011

Iconoclast Tour
Venue: Islington Academy

[b]DGM[/b] (20:00-20:45)
Heartache
Enhancement
No Looking Back
Not In Need
... In A Movie
Fading And Falling
Brand New Blood
Hereafter

[b]Symphony X[/b] (21.15-22:50)
Iconoclast
The End of Innocence
Dehumanized
Bastards of The Machine
Electric Messiah
When All Is Lost
Children of A Faceless God
Heretic
Inferno (Unleash The Fire)
Of Sins And Shadows
----------------------
Eve of Seduction
Serpent's Kiss
Set The World On Fire (The Lie of Lies)

Maiden33 10-26-2011 01:42 PM

One of the question marks in the DGM setlist is probably "Brand New Blood". I would be pretty surprised if they played "Save Me" live, but you never know, they did rerecord it for the Synthesis release. Also, one of the other question marks is probably something off of Different Shapes. They also really like to play "Is Hell Without Love?" live a lot.

MPF 10-26-2011 01:51 PM

This set is still depressing me a lot. SO many great songs are getting ignored for the Paradise Lost/Iconoclast era of the band. Not to say there isn't good songs being played, but just sadly no variety.

Maiden33 10-26-2011 02:01 PM

They can play all the damn Iconoclast material they want and I honestly won't bitch. It's the album tour, and if not now, when? The album is great, they should be playing a lot of songs live. What I hate is them clinging desperately to so many Paradise Lost songs and ignoring almost the whole of the rest of their discography. Especially since this could EASILY be avoided if they just simply ADDED a few older songs. Their shows are just not long enough, and if they just added a couple of songs (such as Communion and the Oracle, Out of the Ashes, etc) and they would silence 95% of the bitching.

MPF 10-26-2011 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;408159]They can play all the damn Iconoclast material they want and I honestly won't bitch. It's the album tour, and if not now, when? The album is great, they should be playing a lot of songs live. [B]What I hate is them clinging desperately to so many Paradise Lost songs and ignoring almost the whole of the rest of their discography.[/B] Especially since this could EASILY be avoided if they just simply ADDED a few older songs. Their shows are just not long enough, and if they just added a couple of songs (such as Communion and the Oracle, Out of the Ashes, etc) and they would silence 95% of the bitching.[/QUOTE]

That is my problem with it as well. The only Paradise Lost song they should be playing is...Paradise Lost.

Maiden33 10-26-2011 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=MPF;408160]That is my problem with it as well. The only Paradise Lost song they should be playing is...Paradise Lost.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, though I'd rather hear Communion again rather than Paradise Lost for the 4th time. I won't complain about them playing EITHER Set the World on Fire or Eve of Seduction - but not both of them.

SerpentineVIVIVI 10-26-2011 03:08 PM

Wow, DGM is playing ...In A Movie. Mindblowingly good song. Symphony set is acceptable too.

ravenheart 10-26-2011 03:19 PM

Quit whining. There will be a North American tour in the Winter, and the setlist will be more evenly spread between new and old.

They're playing all the new stuff this time because it's the second tour in Europe in the space of eight months and the album came out in the mean time.

ravenheart 10-26-2011 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;408152]One of the question marks in the DGM setlist is probably "Brand New Blood". I would be pretty surprised if they played "Save Me" live, but you never know, they did rerecord it for the Synthesis release. Also, one of the other question marks is probably something off of Different Shapes. They also really like to play "Is Hell Without Love?" live a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Brand New Blood, Away and Not In Need are my options for the question marks, just don't know which is which.

The "Save Me" one was Fading And Falling, I reckon.

[QUOTE=SerpentineVIVIVI;408182]Wow, DGM is playing ...In A Movie. Mindblowingly good song.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they've played it every night of the tour, it seems.

And fuck me they're good live. Ran SX very, very close.

ravenheart 10-26-2011 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;408187]The "Save Me" one was Fading And Falling, I reckon.[/QUOTE]

Just listened to both Save Me and Fading And Falling. It was definitely Fading And Falling... although Save Me is goddamn awesome. I wish they'd played that.