WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anthrax -- San Francisco, CA -- October 23rd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18400)

The Ghost at Number One 10-24-2011 07:37 AM

Anthrax -- San Francisco, CA -- October 23rd, 2011

We arrived late, and essentially missed all of Death Angel, which was disappointing. Testament was tight as always, but the sound was a bit muddy. Anthrax, as they did at the Southern California Big 4 show, ruled the evening.

TESTAMENT

The Preacher
The New Order
The Persecuted Won't Forget
Envy Life
Over the Wall
Souls of Black
Into the Pit
Electric Crown
Henchmen Ride
More Than Meets the Eye
D.N.R.
3 Days in Darkness
Disciples of the Watch

ANTHRAX

Intro
Earth on Hell
Fight 'em 'til You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse (with The Ripper intro)
Anti-Social
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In the End
Got the Time
Only

Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Refuse/Resist (only up to the first verse)
I Am the Law (background vocals by Mark Osegueda and Kirk Hammett)
Whiplash (only up to the first verse - Kirk Hammett on guitar)

TonyD 10-24-2011 09:38 AM

Now that's fucking sad that they closed with part of a Metallica song.

The Ghost at Number One 10-24-2011 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;407437]Now that's fucking sad that they closed with part of a Metallica song.[/QUOTE]I don't find it sad at all. It was done on a whim, and it was pretty entertaining.

x-voltage 10-24-2011 11:09 AM

That's awesome that they played a Sepultura and Metallica cover, and Kirk was there!!! I love the Testament setlist as well. The Persecuted Won't Forget is the best song off the new album:rocker:

The Ghost at Number One 10-24-2011 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=x-voltage;407453]
The Persecuted Won't Forget is the best song off the new album:rocker:[/QUOTE]I actually would've preferred The Evil Has Landed. I'm pretty happy they played Envy Life, though.

MetalIsArt 10-25-2011 01:28 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;407441]I don't find it sad at all. It was done on a whim, and it was pretty entertaining.[/QUOTE]

He hates metallica for some reason. He thinks they'll never make it out of the underground as it is forbidden for a band to do whatever they want and not listening to their "fans".

Pretty cool anthrax setlist btw.

Sanitarium78 10-25-2011 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=x-voltage;407453]The Persecuted Won't Forget is the best song off the new album:rocker:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you mean that brand spanking new Testament album that came out back in 2008;)

It looks like Anthrax is rotating Among and NFL. Both are classics but Among is much better and should never leave the set:rocker:

TonyD 10-25-2011 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;407626]He hates metallica for some reason. He thinks they'll never make it out of the underground as it is forbidden for a band to do whatever they want and not listening to their "fans".

Pretty cool anthrax setlist btw.[/QUOTE]

Cool story.

Jimigroov 10-25-2011 01:04 PM

Does anyone know if Alex Skolnick is playing on this tour with Testament?

The Ghost at Number One 10-25-2011 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=Jimigroov;407685]Does anyone know if Alex Skolnick is playing on this tour with Testament?[/QUOTE]He is indeed.