WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Devin Townsend Project -- Chicago, IL -- October 19th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18363)

GarageMetal468 10-20-2011 06:47 AM

Devin Townsend Project -- Chicago, IL -- October 19th, 2011

Fantastic show! The weather was very shitty but Devin and crew still managed to put on a hilarious and amazing performance! They were playing a Ziltoid radio station that played pop music while they were setting up. It was very funny but sadly no one else in the crowd found it funny. It was your typical prog metal crowd, which is pretty boring. But the venue was packed, anyway. Glad it was at Reggies though.

I watched about 15 minutes of The Ocean. Daimonos, metallicbrian666, 2 other friends of mine and I all got bored and went to White Castle and bummed around. :cool: We got back right after they finished.

As stated before, Devin put on a hell of a show! Aside from no Vampira, I gotta say that this set was amazing! Overall, the hour and a half trek to Chicago from bumfuck nowhere DeKalb was totally worth it.

[B]Devin Townsend Project:[/B]
Truth
OM
Gaia
Seventh Wave :drool: :lovedup:
Life :drool: :drool: :drool: :lovedup: :lovedup: :lovedup: :party:
Deadhead
Kingdom
Stand
Juular
Supercrush!
Disruptr
Color Your World
Bad Devil :rocker:
-
ZTO
By Your Command
Deep Peace

daimonos 10-20-2011 07:40 AM

Fantastic show, near perfect set, and all around great performance.

zerkz 10-20-2011 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=GarageMetal468;406496]Fantastic show! The weather was very shitty but Devin and crew still managed to put on a hilarious and amazing performance! They were playing a Ziltoid radio station that played pop music while they were setting up. It was very funny but sadly no one else in the crowd found it funny. It was your typical prog metal crowd, which is pretty boring. But the venue was packed, anyway. Glad it was at Reggies though.

I watched about 15 minutes of The Ocean. Daimonos, metallicbrian666, 2 other friends of mine and I all got bored and went to White Castle and bummed around. :cool: We got back right after they finished.

As stated before, Devin put on a hell of a show! Aside from no Vampira, I gotta say that this set was amazing! Overall, the hour and a half trek to Chicago from bumfuck nowhere DeKalb was totally worth it.

[B]Devin Townsend Project:[/B]
Truth
OM
Gaia
Seventh Wave :drool: :lovedup:
Life :drool: :drool: :drool: :lovedup: :lovedup: :lovedup: :party:
Deadhead
Kingdom
Stand
Juular
Supercrush!
Disruptr
Color Your World
Bad Devil :rocker:
-
ZTO
By Your Command
Deep Peace[/QUOTE]

Damn, wish we would of got this set in Pittsburgh.

DementedX14 10-20-2011 09:10 AM

Great review, I wish I could have gone. :boohoo:

daimonos 10-20-2011 09:15 AM

Seventh Wave, Life, Deadhead, Bad Devil, and Deep Peace were probably my highlights of the night. Color Your World was great as well, and I loved Disruptr. I was pumped to see him pull something from Ki. All the other stuff was great as well, but I had seen it in July with Bodom. It's good to know that he'll always be changing stuff around and pulling out different stuff. Looking forward to shows in the future!

GarageMetal468 10-20-2011 09:15 AM

Oh, and after the Ziltoid radio thing before Dev came on, there was a slideshow of hilarious photoshopped pictures of Dev on the big projector above the stage. Hopefully someone recorded it, because you gotta see it for yourself!

larvtard 10-20-2011 11:20 AM

You actually drive an hour and a half to every show?

GarageMetal468 10-20-2011 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=logAnarchy;406550]You actually drive an hour and a half to every show?[/QUOTE]

Nope, usually shows are on weekends and I come home every weekend to work. Reggies from my house is about 25 minutes driving. This happened to be on a weekday and there was no way I was making it by train so I drove.

jd091 10-20-2011 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=GarageMetal468;406496]
I watched about 15 minutes of The Ocean. Daimonos, metallicbrian666, 2 other friends of mine and I all got bored and went to White Castle and bummed around. :cool: We got back right after they finished.[/QUOTE]

Are you

are you fucking implying that the Ocean[I] bored[/I] you?!

WHAT

I FROWN UPON YOU ALL!

metallicbrian666 10-20-2011 02:58 PM

They were like DEP playing Mastodon songs, no thanks

Also, their vocalist sucks. The vocals were a little low in the mix when they first came on so you could tell how weak his shitty fry screams were. Not to mention his awful cleans. And the shitty hour long songs. Fucking Nazis.