WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trois-Rivières Metalfest Day 2 -- Trois-Rivières, Quebec -- October 15th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18320)

VoidFlame 10-16-2011 07:55 AM

Trois-Rivières Metalfest Day 2 -- Trois-Rivières, Quebec -- October 15th, 2011

Venue: Bâtisse Industrielle
Other bands: End Is Near, Mass Murder Messiah, L'Esprit du Clan, Blind Witness.

Another great night at the Metalfest! Atheist were impeccable, except for some sound problems, but the crowd didn't seem to enjoy them very much. The, Cryptopsy just destroyed everything, they were intense as fuck! Youri (the bassist) told me they were supposed to play "Cold Hate, Warm Blood", but they had to cut it because they took too long to set up. Best band of the night in my opinion. After that, Sacrifice killed it. I'm not that familiar to their stuff, but thy were really tight and it all sounded very powerful. Finally, Cavalera Conspiracy was awesome too, they were the perfect band to end the festival. The crowd went crazy, especially during the Sepultura songs, spending the last bits of energy we still had left. During "Troops of Doom", some guy just passed out in the middle of the pit. Igor stopped the song, and after a few minutes, the security guys managed to get him back up and carry him away, and the band started the song over.

I had a great time, my highlights were Napalm Death and Cryptopsy.

[B][U]Atheist[/U][/B]

Unquestionable Presence
On They Slay
Second to Sun
Mineral
An Incarnation's Dream
Live and Live Again
Mother Man
Piece of Time

[B][U]Cryptopsy[/U][/B]

Slit Your Guts
Worship Your Demons
White Worms
Benedictine Convulsions
Emaciate
We Bleed
Phobophile

[B][U]Sacrifice[/U][/B]

Forward to Termination
Terror Strikes
Hiroshima
Turn in Your Grave
Soldiers of Misfortune
We Will Prevail
The Ones I Condemn
Burned At the Stake
The Great Wall
The Entity
Re-Animation

[B][U]Cavalera Conspiracy[/U][/B]

Warlord
Torture
Inflikted
Sanctuary
Terrorize
Refuse/Resist (Sepultura cover)
Territory (Sepultura cover)
Killing Inside
Thrasher
Blunt Force Trauma
Dark Ark (with Ritchie Cavalera, extended)
Genghis Kahn
Arise/Dead Embryonic Cells (Sepultura cover)
Troops of Doom (Sepultura cover)

---------------------------------------------

I Speak Hate
Roots Bloody Roots (Sepultura cover)

treghet 10-16-2011 08:14 AM

Sucks Atheist didn't get a good response. And they need to put "Unholy War" back in their set.

scouinci 10-16-2011 09:37 AM

where I was, everyone seemed to go crazy for atheist

VoidFlame 10-16-2011 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=scouinci;405191]where I was, everyone seemed to go crazy for atheist[/QUOTE]

Well, I know my friends and I were going crazy, along with some othe people in the front. There were some pits also, but 2/3 of the crowd didn't seem to care. Maybe it was just a wrong impression; I hope so!

scouinci 10-16-2011 11:55 AM

also, i find it strange that Max Cavalera wont sign anyting Sepultura related yet still play their songs

brutal_descent 10-16-2011 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=scouinci;405225]also, i find it strange that Max Cavalera wont sign anyting Sepultura related yet still play their songs[/QUOTE]

What? Since when?

scouinci 10-16-2011 01:00 PM

I had already read about it on blabbermouth in the comments 1 year or 2 ago but didn't really believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Basically, Max wont come out of the bus to meet the fans like the rest of the band does. So he's got a guy who goes out and take everything that people want max to sign, bring the stuff it to him on the bus then bring 'em back signed to the fan. I though that was odd but to add to the matter the guy made it clear that Max would not sign anything related with Sepultura.

scouinci 10-19-2011 08:47 AM

I bet there's be more posts if cavalera conspiracy was in the title lol