WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sabaton -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- October 3rd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18183)

Northern_Shaman 10-04-2011 01:02 AM

Sabaton -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- October 3rd, 2011

Will review later - far too tired right now.

The Absence (from their paper setlist):

Maelstrom
Dead
Deepest
War
Riders
Grave

Sabaton (from memory):

Ghost Division
Uprising
Saboteurs
Screaming Eagles
Coat of Arms
Primo Victoria
Metal Ripper

Might be missing one, but I think that's all. Sabaton were phenomenal. Before anyone asks, yes I stayed for Evergrey - just not too familiar with their material. They were alright - very underwhelming after Sabaton, though.

Maiden33 10-04-2011 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=Northern_Shaman;401469]yes I stayed for Evergrey - just not too familiar with their material. [B]They were alright - very underwhelming after Sabaton, though[/B].[/QUOTE]

:mad:

bigguytoo9 10-04-2011 02:08 AM

A friend of mine was at this and got a Guitar Pick and some Starburst from Powerglove.

ChildrenofSodom 10-04-2011 03:40 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;401471]:mad:[/QUOTE]

:tp:

OP - Sucks you didn't get 40 to 1.

Maiden33 10-04-2011 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;401484]:tp:

OP - Sucks you didn't get 40 to 1.[/QUOTE]

Why the roll-eyes? If you disagree, whatever, it's not like what I posted was ridiculous.
I still am not ready to join in the blowjob-fest for Sabaton. They're good, and they're really fun live. But come on. I'm notorious for always getting crap for listening to mediocre traditional/power metal, and they're one of those bands [B][I]I[/I][/B] barely listen to because they're kinda boring to me.

Also, people need to stop treating Powerglove like a real band, nevertheless a "famous" one.

tenchimyo 10-04-2011 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;401527]
Also, people need to stop treating Powerglove like a real band, nevertheless a "famous" one.[/QUOTE]

I don't get this- they do rearrangements of existing work and play it live and tour. I don't know if I am mistaken in thinking that is what bands do. Perhaps similar to a cover band I would agree.

Maiden33 10-04-2011 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=tenchimyo;401544]I don't get this- they do rearrangements of existing work and play it live and tour. I don't know if I am mistaken in thinking that is what bands do.[B] Perhaps similar to a cover band I would agree.[/B][/QUOTE]

The nail, you hit it on the head.

Wraith27 10-04-2011 11:50 AM

video game soundtrack arrangements + speed metal = WIN

Powerglove:

X-Men
So Sexy Robotnik
Metal Kombat for the Moral Man
Batman
Pokemon
Mario Minor

tenchimyo 10-04-2011 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;401549]The nail, you hit it on the head.[/QUOTE]

OK, well yeah I can see that. I still think there is some level of skill in making arrangements of the original work (done in midi, classical, or what have you).

But when I think cover band I think of bands with little originality (Maiden project, disciples of sabbath/dio, etc.)

metaleloi666 10-04-2011 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=Wraith27;401576]video game soundtrack arrangements + speed metal = WIN
[/QUOTE]

Not for me. I saw them twice last year (opening for Hammerfall first, and then later in the year opening for Firewind). Both times, I thought they just sucked.

I see that they have fans, but they do NOTHING for me, and they seem to be the opening band on every tour....