WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Evergrey -- Detroit, MI -- September 24th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18143)

PoisonGirl 09-29-2011 08:41 AM

Evergrey -- Detroit, MI -- September 24th, 2011

01. Leave it Behind Us
02. The Masterplan
03. Rulers of the Mind
04. Blinded
05. Solitude Within
06. As I Lie Here Bleeding
07. Wrong
08. Watching the Skies
09. Frozen

Encore:
10. When the Walls Go Down
11. Recreation Day
12. Broken Wings
13. A Touch of Blessing

----------

First post here for me -- would have been sooner, but I had to wait for mod approval...

Great show by all 4 bands! I was not familiar with Absence, but I really enjoyed them, and they seemed to be having a good time. Powerglove are great musicians, but not really my thing, so.... Sabaton were really good, and like most of the other shows on this tour, a good majority of the crowd were there to see them, then left.

Evergrey were amazing!! I may be somewhat biased, though, as they are one of my favorite bands, and I was really excited to finally be able to see them live. For whatever reason, everything at this show got off to a late start, so they didn't even come on until about 10:45. As a result, they cut the set short by 3 or 4 songs, which was kind of a bummer, but they sounded so good that I'm not going to complain. :party:

Not much else to tell that hasn't already been said, so, until next time....

:rocker:

MPF 09-29-2011 11:32 AM

Welcome!

I like your taste in musical already. I just saw this show on Tuesday. It was awesome.

tenchimyo 09-29-2011 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=PoisonGirl;400136]Sabaton were really good, and like most of the other shows on this tour, a good majority of the crowd were there to see them, then left.
[/QUOTE]

... majority of the crowd? like how big was the turnout?

I'm not a big Evergrey fan (and am a big Sabaton fan), and am wondering the (rough) amount of people there

MPF 09-29-2011 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=tenchimyo;400233]... majority of the crowd? like how big was the turnout?

I'm not a big Evergrey fan (and am a big Sabaton fan), and am wondering the (rough) amount of people there[/QUOTE]

I can speak for St. Paul. The place was backed for Sabaton, then 90% left after their set.

PoisonGirl 09-29-2011 06:08 PM

I'd say there were about 175-200 people there at the start. At least half of those people left before Evergrey even came on. By the time their set was over at 12:15, there were about 50 of us left. Very sad...

Maiden33 09-29-2011 07:47 PM

Wait... there's a girl on here who loves Evergrey? MARY ME! :tongue::D

MPF 09-29-2011 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;400329]Wait... there's a girl on here who loves Evergrey? MARY ME! :tongue::D[/QUOTE]

I thought you were taken ;)

Actually I'm not one to talk, after seeing Cage tonight. I could be in the near future as well.

PoisonGirl 09-30-2011 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;400329]Wait... there's a girl on here who loves Evergrey? MARY ME! :tongue::D[/QUOTE]

Awww, so sweet, but I think my husband may have some objections!! :tongue:

On a slightly different subject, who here still has an Evergrey show to attend? I really wanted some of the stickers they were selling at the merch table, but I didn't get any. I thought I could just order some off the website, but they're not up there. I would gladly send some cash and a SASE to anyone willing to pick me up 5 stickers and drop them in the mail.

Maiden33 09-30-2011 10:46 AM

Yeah, it's true, I am taken... but my girlfriend doesn't love Evergrey! :tongue: