WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Napalm Death -- Moscow, Russia -- September 28th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18139)

brutal_descent 09-29-2011 12:16 AM

Napalm Death -- Moscow, Russia -- September 28th, 2011

Barney came out at around 7 o'clock and signed some autographs/took some pictures (picture of us looks like shit however) and walked back into the venue. It's pretty cool of him to spend around twenty minutes just standing there signing autographs. Napalm Death began their set at around 8:40, and my the time they were introducing Unchallenged Hate I was getting the fuck out of the front row. While I was waiting for the show to start, I'm assuming a few people pushed over on the left of me and made me practically facing the drumkit, which isn't a good thing if you're at a grindcore show. Stagedivers were all over the place - the scene was fucking brutal. Napalm were brilliant, and it's great to see a band hold up so well after so many years in the game. Unfortunately, about two thirds into the show techs came out and started messing with the PA wires (which probably got unplugged by the idiots trying to climb on stage) and before you knew it, Napalm Death were playing their last few songs and the show was over. On the setlist a guitar tech guy later handed me, they had Diktat, The World Keeps Turning and Instinct of Survival crossed out. To "make up" for it, the band played Silence is Deafening to end the show. Despite clocking in at an hour and a half, the show ended way too soon, and I would've loved to have heard some more. Great show nonetheless.

Napalm Death

Downbeat Clique
Strong-Arm
Unchallenged Hate
Continuing War on Stupidity
Next on the List
When All Is Said and Done
Lucid Fairytale
Social Sterility
Life and Limb
Lowlife (Cryptic Slaughter)
The Code is Red... Long Live the Code
Mentally Murdered
On the Bring of Extinction
Conform (Siege)
Scum
Life?
Control
M.A.D.
You Suffer
Nazi Punks Fuck Off (Dead Kennedys)

Suffer the Children
Silence Is Deafening

hellawaits77ny 09-29-2011 12:50 AM

Cool review. 1.5 hours is still solid. When I saw them headline in '09, they only played ~70 minutes.

idrinkwine732 09-29-2011 07:21 AM

:( I would have really wanted Diktat.

adamclark52 09-29-2011 10:19 AM

[I]Downbeat Clique [/I]is an awesome opener. Surprised they're not playing [I]Siege of Power[/I]. Can't wait for next week, playing a small ass bar in Toronto, and the place I'm going to see them in Ottawa I've never been to but I'm sure it's no bigger.

jd091 09-29-2011 11:49 AM

Hour and a half for just Napalm? That's like the longest grindcore set, ever!

Cool review. I need to see them and Brutal Truth someday before I die.

metallicbrian666 09-29-2011 02:59 PM

Only 3 from FETO? Nazi punks aren't the only ones who need to fuck off :fight:

Also, missing Instinct Of Survival blows

elturtleboy 09-30-2011 08:23 PM

1 hour and a Siege cover...:drool: