WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sabaton -- Detroit, MI -- September 24th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18109)

Slasherous 09-24-2011 07:32 PM

Sabaton -- Detroit, MI -- September 24th, 2011

Powerglove
1. X-Men
2. So Sexy Robotnick
3. Metal Kombat For the Metal Man
4. Batman
5. Storm Eagle
6. Pokemon
7. Mario Minor

Sabaton
1. Ghost Division
2. Uprising
3. 40:1
4. Cliffs of Gallipoli
5. Screaming Eagles
6. Purple Heart
7. Primo Victoria
8. Metal Ripper

MPF 09-24-2011 07:40 PM

Was this an off date, or do you not dig Evergrey?

Slasherous 09-25-2011 08:37 AM

it was not an offdate. But i dont know any Evergrey so i left after Sabaton.

tenchimyo 09-25-2011 08:39 AM

How was Sabaton? looks like a good set list!

Also, always enjoy Powerglove :3

seems like this was an Evergrey date, right?

Maiden33 09-25-2011 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Slasherous;398981]it was not an offdate. But i dont know any Evergrey so i left after Sabaton.[/QUOTE]

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Look, I get it if you didn't know them, hell, I get it if you know them and don't like them. But I just don't understand why on earth people pay money to go see a direct support band and then arbitrarily leave before the headliner even plays a note. You're there, you paid your money - give them a chance. Especially considering it's a band like Evergrey who may never tour here again.

Slasherous 09-25-2011 09:40 AM

simple

[QUOTE=Maiden33;398987]You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Look, I get it if you didn't know them, hell, I get it if you know them and don't like them. But I just don't understand why on earth people pay money to go see a direct support band and then arbitrarily leave before the headliner even plays a note. You're there, you paid your money - give them a chance. Especially considering it's a band like Evergrey who may never tour here again.[/QUOTE]

since we're going into rants :)....I would of totally seen Evergrey, in fact i wanted to see them, just to see what there about. But my ride came and picked me up. Came to the show expecting there would be only one opener. There were two and they both played for about 40 minutes. Doors didn't open till past 6, and the first band didn't play till 6:30. The second opener ended around 7:45. I came to the show from Windsor with my brother and his friend, and was going to leave the show with my girlfriend who was going to pick me up at around 10:30 (she lives outside of Detroit). So while i was going to give Evergrey a chance, they played later than i anticipated, and was not going to keep my girlfriend waiting in a shaddy part of Detroit. So yeah.

Maiden33 09-25-2011 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=Slasherous;398993]since we're going into rants :)....I would of totally seen Evergrey, in fact i wanted to see them, just to see what there about. But my ride came and picked me up. Came to the show expecting there would be only one opener. There were two and they both played for about 40 minutes. Doors didn't open till past 6, and the first band didn't play till 6:30. The second opener ended around 7:45. I came to the show from Windsor with my brother and his friend, and was going to leave the show with my girlfriend who was going to pick me up at around 10:30 (she lives outside of Detroit). So while i was going to give Evergrey a chance, they played later than i anticipated, and was not going to keep my girlfriend waiting in a shaddy part of Detroit. So yeah.[/QUOTE]

I can't argue with that... if you would've just said that originally I wouldn't have said anything. :tongue:

mankvill 09-25-2011 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;398987]You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Look, I get it if you didn't know them, hell, I get it if you know them and don't like them. But I just don't understand why on earth people pay money to go see a direct support band and then arbitrarily leave before the headliner even plays a note. You're there, you paid your money - give them a chance. Especially considering it's a band like Evergrey who may never tour here again.[/QUOTE]

Headlining bands I've left before they even played a note:

Hatebreed (probably would stick around for a few songs now)
Job For A Cowboy (twice)
DevilDriver
Underoath

So it happens, but only for shit bands. ;)

xStructualDefect 09-25-2011 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;399108]Headlining bands I've left before they even played a note:

Hatebreed (probably would stick around for a few songs now)
Job For A Cowboy (twice)
DevilDriver
Underoath

So it happens, but only for shit bands. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I remember reading you left before DevilDriver and mentioned you never listened to them but you "already knew they were a shit band." I'm not defending them because I'm not really a fan to begin with, but should have at least given them a chance. They have a great live show.

mankvill 09-25-2011 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=xStructualDefect;399132]I think I remember reading you left before DevilDriver and mentioned you never listened to them but you "already knew they were a shit band."[/QUOTE]

:fist: sounds about right