WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Primus -- Boston, MA -- September 23rd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18095)

BloodoftheKings 09-23-2011 09:39 PM

Primus -- Boston, MA -- September 23rd, 2011

Not sure if anyone here went to this show but if you did I would like to see a show review. I found the set on setlist.fm.

[B]Set 1:[/B]
1. Here Come the Bastards
2. Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
3. Groundhog's Day
4. Cosmic Highway Tease
5. Frizzle Fry
6. Over The Falls
7. American Life
8. Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
9. Over the Electric Grapevine

[B]Set 2:[/B] (Green Naugahyde in it's entirety)
10. Prelude to a Crawl/Hennepin Crawler
11. Last Salmon Man
12. Eternal Consumption Engine
13. Tragedy's a' Comin'
14. Eyes of the Squirrel
15. Jilly's on Smack
16. Lee Van Cleef
17. Moron TV
18. Green Ranger
19. HOINFODAMAN
20. Extinction Burst/Salmon Men

Encore:
21. To Defy the Laws of Tradition
22. Tommy the Cat

I had a good feeling they were going to play Green Naugahyde in it's entirety when I heard it's an evening with tour. This set is pretty great but since next week is gonna be my first Primus show i'm gonna be a little disappointed if I don't hear John the Fisherman, Too Many Puppies, and My Name is Mud. It's so weird that they're leaving out their biggest songs.

MPF 09-23-2011 10:07 PM

Wow. They are doing Wynona again. They haven't done that since since the Beating A Dead Horse tour. (the only time I got to see them, I won tickets)

Sounds like a killer show.

converge241 09-23-2011 10:31 PM

ugh the new album forced through in the middle

aside - so happy got to see Sausage play "Toys Go Winding Down" on their tour opening for Helmet and ROllins back in the day

street_burial 09-23-2011 10:39 PM

south park theme song or not worth seeing :D

adamclark52 09-23-2011 10:42 PM

If [I]Cosmic Highway Tease[/I] isn't from the new album, what album is it from?

On a side note, set 1 is pretty awesome, too bad I think set 2 would drain me (not a fan of the new album) before closing nice with set 3.

toolfansat 09-23-2011 10:52 PM

I just got home from the show.
It was a really good show - but... the new stuff, while good, was unfamiliar to almost everyone, so they kinda lost the crowd with it. Closing with Tommy the Cat was insane (in a good way!). No "My Name is Mud"... odd...

ShatteredFlame 09-24-2011 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;398620]This set is pretty great but since next week is gonna be my first Primus show i'm gonna be a little disappointed if I don't hear John the Fisherman, Too Many Puppies, and My Name is Mud. It's so weird that they're leaving out their biggest songs.[/QUOTE]

they left these out at the Brooklyn show last year, felt very weird. They would change their setlist up every night though so they probably will with this tour.

Magson13 09-24-2011 01:38 AM

22 songs total, for a two set show is kinda short imo. They're playing a venue a couple hours from me on Monday, and the venue is promoting it as "2 Long Sets." I would think at least 15 songs per set would be needed for the adjective "Long" to be used.

scouinci 09-24-2011 03:06 PM

nothing form pork soda makes me sad

BloodoftheKings 09-24-2011 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;398634]If [I]Cosmic Highway Tease[/I] isn't from the new album, what album is it from?
[/QUOTE]

It's a song from Les Claypool's solo album Purple Onion. I'm not sure why they're doing part of it at a Primus show.