WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kix -- Springfield, VA -- September 17th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18094)

tenchimyo 09-23-2011 08:04 PM

Kix -- Springfield, VA -- September 17th, 2011

Went to [B]JAXX [/B]to see [B]KIX[/B]. Got there around 10 or so, walked in to a pretty packed [B]JAXX[/B], with a bunch of old timers (which is fine by me, don't have to worry about getting caught in a mosh!). As we were looking at the merch stand or as we got to the floor I recognized the opener playing REBEL YELL. Thought it sounded pretty good. Which is surprising since most opening/local bands I think are usually less than amazing. Even their original stuff sounded good, like a B side off of a hair band album. I was rather entertained Stayed around until "I Just Wanna Make Love to You" to get a drink.

What a mistake as it was the worst service I've evern had at Jaxx. Like 30 minutes waiting to get a RUM AND COKE. oh well. The waitress/bartender was randomly filing drinks, I don't understand since we were right in front of here, several other people had the same problem. Basically we heard the rest of their set thru the door.

Sat down for a bit, and [B]Kix [/B]came on late, and it was LOUD and crowded. They played a couple songs off of SHOW BUSINESS that I do not recall hearing before live which was cool, and they had the standards they always play, and the stage show they are known for :3 all in all a great show minus the drink service :(
I had a great time, I've never known [B]KIX [/B]to disappoint

Great show as always from [B]KIX[/B]. Only thing I don't recall/appreciate is the drum solo- I could have sworn I've not heard one before live.

[B]Frankie and the Actions[/B]
[LIST][*]Rebel Yell (Billy Idol cover)[*] Strip to the Bone (orignal)[*] Tattoo Baby (original)[*] Train Kept a Rollin' (Aerosmith/Yardbirds cover)[*] I just want to make love to you (bar part starts around here)[*] Magic Carpet Ride (Steppenwolf cover)[*] Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC cover)[*] Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple cover)[*] Free Bird (still at bar) (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)[/LIST]

[B]KIX
[/B][LIST][*]Time Bomb Baby[*] Red Light Green Light TNT[*] The Itch[*] Same Jane[*] Book to Hypnotize[*] Cold Shower[*] Girl Money[*] Don't CLose Your Eyes[*] No Ring Around Rosie[*] Lie Like a Rug[*] Get it While It's Hot[*] Solo[*] Cold Blood[*] Drum Solo (zzz)[*] Blow My Fuse[*] Sex[*] Yeah Yeah Yeah[/LIST]

jhdeity 09-23-2011 08:39 PM

Cool review. Yeah I know one of the bartenders there Emily and she randomly waits on people. She's kinda hot so people don't complain but that's crazy long for a drink. I usually get 2 there because I have zero patience.

Too bad they don't lose the solo's and put For Shame back in there. I'm not a big ballad guy but that song really works live for some reason.

tenchimyo 09-24-2011 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;398619]Cool review. Yeah I know one of the bartenders there Emily and she randomly waits on people. She's kinda hot so people don't complain but that's crazy long for a drink. I usually get 2 there because I have zero patience.

Too bad they don't lose the solo's and put For Shame back in there. I'm not a big ballad guy but that song really works live for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean I'm not going to tell her how to do her job but Jesus Christ I got served quicker at the Amon Amarth show that was crammed with what I was pretty sure was more people than fire code allows.

It's been a while since I've heard 'For Shame' live (and seen the 'For Shame' vest lol). And I'd def want a song instead of a drum solo. The solo before/intro to Cold Blood was fine, they usually do that