WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Big 4 -- The Bronx, NY -- September 14th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18009)

BloodoftheKings 09-14-2011 02:45 PM

The Big 4 -- The Bronx, NY -- September 14th, 2011

[B]Anthrax:[/B]
Fight Em' Til You Cant
Got The Time
Madhouse
Caught in a Mosh
Antisocial
The Devil You Know
Indians
Metal Thrashing Mad
I Am The Law

[B]Megadeth:[/B]
Trust
Hangar 18
She Wolf
Public Enemy #1
Head Crusher
A Tout Le Monde
Sweating Bullets
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars

[B]Slayer:[/B]
Disciple
Postmortem
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Psychopathy Red
Chemical Warfare
Silent Scream
Dead Skin Mask
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

[B]Metallica:[/B]
Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride the Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Orion
One
Master of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Overkill (w/ members of Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax & Exodus)
Battery
Seek & Destroy.

Sepultura69 09-14-2011 02:49 PM

[SIZE="7"]SLAAAAAAAAYYYYYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAWWUUUhhuh[/SIZE]

dcmetal108 09-14-2011 02:52 PM

Their still great setlists!!!!

JRA 09-14-2011 02:53 PM

If I paid for this show I'd be fucking pissed. Allah fucking peanut butter sandwiches guys, your forthcoming albums notwithstanding, you could at least try to make this seem like an 80's setlist.

Maiden33 09-14-2011 03:01 PM

Regardless of setlist content... couldn't they somehow have managed longer setlists? I know they're the "bottom" 2 bands, but if the show started at like 5, how did they figure Anthrax only could afford 9 songs?

Dextrimental 09-14-2011 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;395633]Regardless of setlist content... couldn't they somehow have managed longer setlists? I know they're the "bottom" 2 bands, but if the show started at like 5, how did they figure Anthrax only could afford 9 songs?[/QUOTE]

They could have, but there's two discerning factors to these big shows:

1) Long set up times. In a big show like this a lot can go wrong, so everything must be checked accordingly.

2) The headliner having an ego. In this case, the only reason these shows are this big, is Metallica, and I would lay wager they said in no uncertain terms that its only happening if they headline and get the biggest timeslot.

kommie 09-14-2011 03:26 PM

Doesn't it seem odd that Slayer plays over MegaDave? You'd think MegaDave's ego would make him bitch about it until he plays under Metallica, or at least try to get Slayer thrown out since they do have 'Satanic' lyrics.

christopher 09-14-2011 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=kommie;395642]Doesn't it seem odd that Slayer plays over MegaDave? You'd think MegaDave's ego would make him bitch about it until he plays under Metallica, or at least try to get Slayer thrown out since they do have 'Satanic' lyrics.[/QUOTE]

Megadeth did two full US tours last year with Slayer headlining, I think he would've bitched back then to have rotating slots if his ego was getting the best of him.

Epidemic Reign 09-14-2011 03:39 PM

All of these guys are out of their prime and becoming crotchety old men, I'm surprised they're not drawing straws for the shortest set time.

BloodoftheKings 09-14-2011 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=Malevolent Mike;395644]All of these guys are out of their prime and becoming crotchety old men, I'm surprised they're not drawing straws for the shortest set time.[/QUOTE]

:lol: